• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Do yourself a favour

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do yourself a favour and learn Davinci Resolve. I have a Mac Pro 2013 6-core with 32gb of RAM and Dual D300's. I got some ProRes Footage in Premiere Pro and Davinci. Same LUT, same footage, same export settings. Premiere Pro - 12mins. Davinci - 3.5mins.

The issue is Adobe has awful coding and as long as people keep paying their prices, they won't ever change it. Vote with your wallet. Once you learn Davinci you'll realise it does the exact same thing, better and for free. It is really a no brainer.

A friend of mine used to work for the BBC and said they use Davinci, they trialled Premiere but the performance was so awful they dropped it in  a matter of weeks. That should tell you enough.

Adobe - enough of this "try this, trash your prefs". Just accept that the fact your code needs trashing. You are slow to update your software. It is not optimised at all and it runs like an old donkey. CC 2018 is exactly the same...woeful.

Ps. I am not actually an Adobe hater as my post would seem. I WANT TO USE IT. They just won't allow me to as it is not practical unfortunately and adds hours onto my workflow.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I kind of agree.  I would still love to use Adobe, but they really forced me out with the ransomware.

I love all of the interfaces in the video suite, very flexible!  That's one thing I will have to get used to with Resolve.  The UI is not quite there for me but it is being updated very rapidly, and not to mention free upgrades once you buy in with the initial release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines