DVD Burning

Enthusiast ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For those who are still  creating DVD discs I use a program(Cyberlink Power2Go 13-PC only).  If  you export a video in the  H.264 format Power2Go 13 will not reincode the video file.  If the video file is too large to fit,  you can reduce the file size using HandBrake.  I have been able to put up to 35 minutes on a 4.7 DVD.  The  quality is as good  as Blu-ray.  However, it can only be played on aBlu-ray player.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to video lounge.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Dec 27, 2020 Dec 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are several things about DVD -vs- Blu-Ray
The DVD specification allows a maximum data rate that is far below that of a Blu-Ray, so a DVD video may have up to 'about' 1.5 hours on a disc, but as noted, the higher data rate of BR means the same amount of data, but much less time
The reason BR quality video on a DVD won't play on a DVD player is it simply can't decode the data rate... I have never tried it myself, but it MAY be possible to put BR quality on DVD and play it on a BR player attached to a TV
What I have done is put a short DVD video on a CD-R to play on my computer drive... which does not work in a DVD player since it can't 'see' a CD-R containing video
Also, the reason a full Blu-Ray movie may be put on a BR disc that is physically the same size as a DVD is the laser beam in a BR writer is much narrower than a DVD laser, allowing for more data density
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blu-ray

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines