Exit

Feature Request: Larger font options for UI

New Here ,
Dec 03, 2019 Dec 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Guys

Super easy fix.  Just watch this video.  

[Moderator Note: Link/text removed. Sorry. Please make a feature request on User Voice. This is a request from Adobe Premiere Pro engineering.

Boom!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Adobe, please make it possible to change the UI font size in your programs. Is there a solution not listed here that you do recommend? I hope you already ensure that all Adobe users can access your programs!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

note TO MODERATOR: so if you won't let us fix it, what is your solution? What is your engineer's solution? Telling us not to use a fix is all well and good as long as you provide an alternative. I may be misunderstanding but it looks like the alternate you suggest is go to a better program like resolve.  I really do want to understand what you suggest since I already pay for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry,

Sorry for the frustration. This is a user to user forum for support issues with little to no interaction with Premiere Pro engineering. 

If you wish to make a bug report or feature request, you can make it here.  That's the User Voice site. You can probably upvote a similar request after a fast search of other requests. The more upvotes a request has, the better chance it has making it into the product. Check it out.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't actually answer the question I asked, which was if the moderator says the engineers don't want you to use this fix (See Brown town link removal and moderator excuse), then what do they want us to do?  I've been watch people complain and make this feature request for several years now. Other Adobe apps have already addressed it. I don't see any indication that Adobe listens to feature requests at all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Terry,

I am not an engineer nor am I even on the Premiere Pro product team. I am a support worker and customer advocate helping out here on forums.

if the moderator says the engineers don't want you to use this fix (See Brown town link removal and moderator excuse), then what do they want us to do? 

First of all. It wasn't a "fix" (and by the way I am the moderator in question). The workaround was addressed by a user who was hacking the application with our internal debug tools and that is simply not supported. As far as what most people do who face this issue, here are some ideas for you:

• Avoid using a 4K monitor - one is not required in system requirements. A standard sized monitor is fine.
  • Increase the font size in the Project panel from the shortcut menu in the UI. 
  • Set the high res monitor to display at a higher scale, like 150%.
  • Request a new feature to increase the font size for all panels, not just the Project panel.

Please make your feature request known by upvoting a feature request or creating your own on User Voice.

I've been watch people complain and make this feature request for several years now. 

Sorry, the team has probably prioritized other fixes and new features before this one. There are literally hundreds if not thousands of them. The other possibility is that the feature cannot be implemented without breaking or limiting other more important features. Finally, a UI refresh might be planned in the not too distant future so the request might be addressed in a future release. All we as editors can do is to keep providing that feedback. I have worked on a different NLE at another company and some features were never addressed before the product was finally EOL'd.

Other Adobe apps have already addressed it. 

You can address that point with the product team on User Voice, an excellent point.

I don't see any indication that Adobe listens to feature requests at all. 

Sorry you see no indication that Adobe is listening, but the team really is. The speech to text feature just released is enormously popular. Premiere Pro now works on M1 Macs. That's cool, isn't it?

That said, please know that the team cannot get to every request and that some requests might not be possible or delivered expediently enough for a variety of reasons. In spite of that, I will do my best to advocate for your feature request.

Again, the link was removed because it was not a viable solution nor can users condone the use of the internal debug tools to hack at the application on these forums. In fact, we as editors are not even supposed to be aware of such internal tools so it is best to just leave well enough alone. 

I hope this makes better sense to you now, however, I do share your frustration—especially when you believe there is a viable solution there. There isn't, unfortunately. I would also like to see them add an option for larger text in the UI for obvious reasons.

FWIW, I advocated for customers when the blue UI was first released. The color values were not visible to certain individuals (males over a certain age), so I got them changed along with better controls for them in a later release. Hope I can help.

Thank You,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A thoughtful and cogently put response. At least you are listening. (edited for content). If I am doing 4K work it's not really the smartest thing for me to work at a lower resolution than my client will view or I will output to. That's the kind of thing we used to do when computers weren't up to full full rez in Real time. It's kind of appalling that the maker of an editing program that works at 4K resolution to suggest such a thing. Computers are fast enough, this problem is solely with the software tool that invites you to edit in 4K and then forbids you being able to use the tool with a reasonable readable interface. Thank you for your thoughtful answer. I appreciate it, but the problem persists. I've suggested in on the feedback site as have many others. 

Moderator note: Please do not refer to internal Adobe tools. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Terry,

Again, I'm not on the product team, and I don't code, or work on the UI or anything like that and am only trying to help you. I am an editor with decades and decades of experience, including on some feature films and animated features your kids probably love.

I edit a lot in my spare time and use a laptop that is much lower than 4K and it's fine for editing 4K and many people. You can do what you like, except for one thing. I will ask that you please don't mention our internal tools on our forums. I have to remove all specific references to them as part of my job. In fact, I will need to edit your post. Sorry about that.

Have a good one and I'll be sure to advocate for your feature request, I know that it is important to you and others. I've been successful in the past if you just give me a chance.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines