• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

For all of us frustrated by the slow batching of proxy media

Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2018 Sep 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the meantime, for all of us frustrated by the slow batching of proxy media in Premiere/AME... Davinci Resolve is excellently fast at batching media reliably. Then it can be reconnected after the fact in Premiere.

But since you're importing clips into a fully featured (free) editor like Resolve anyway, maybe you just finish the project in that software while you're at it. Just thought I'd offer advice seeing as how I've been out of commission for 30 minutes "creating proxy jobs" for 20 RED clips.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Out of curiosity, what are your impressions of Davinci Resolve as an editor? I don't think there has been a single moment since Adobe has moved to a cloud-based system that I've not been having some fairly major problem or other with the software, and I'm starting to think this is unlikely to change. I want to be able to trust my tools!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have yet to use Resolve for a larger collaborative project. There are a few limitations like only having one timeline size per project which makes multiple deliverables difficult, and my team isn't familiar with the interface.

But Resolve 15's new team-based workflow looks incredible and is well thought out. I really want to try it. It's a fully-featured editor with some great time-saving tools that is completely free. Even something as stupidly simple as a command that says: "Import folder (and all subfolders)", that maintains your entire media folder structure and correctly interprets tree-structured clips has saved me hours and hours of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 27, 2018 Sep 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This sounds promising and worth having a play with!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines