• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Found a great solution to this

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2018 Oct 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found a great solution to this finally. DaVinci Resolve. No hate, but it seriously does what professionals need it to. PP seems way more consumer and unstable in comparison. Flame away - just putting it out there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This entire thread is about the presence/lack of the new encoding capabilities built into some newest-gen Intel chips ... period. That means that for those computers having that new chip capability, they display 'hardware' in the summary section of the Export panel, to inform the user they have the new chip and it's working.

If you DON'T have the new Intel chips with that particular hardware (and many new-gen Intel chips do not have that hardware built in) then it will display 'software only' in the Export dialog summary box.

Neither of those has anything whatever to do with PrPro's use of the GPU of that computer. Period.

PrPro uses the GPU as always according to the list on the GPU Accelerated Effects sheet. As published and as explained many times.

GPU Accelerated Effects: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/effects.html

The GPU use in PrPro is determined by whether or not things on that list are in use on specific clips, and for the sections of clips/sequences where those effects are being processed ... and only as the CPU sends things to the GPU to work on. If your CPU is laboring away say with decoding/de-compressing H.264 media to add in all the effects, then export, it has a ton of work to do to prep the 'image' for the GPU to even start working. If you don't have a number of very fast cores with 8-10 GB of RAM per core on a fast many-track motherboard ... that basic CPU/RAM/cores-threads system can't work fast enough to ramp a GPU up very much.

Now ... getting more effects ported to GPU within PrPro is a very good thing to push for ... so I do request that all those wanting more out of their GPU go to the UserVoice page and search for and vote for those requesting more GPU effects.

Everything on that list goes directly to the QC engineer's systems and to the collated list the upper managers use as part of their budget considerations for engineer's time.

Neil

Adobe Bug /Feature service: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How many times will you reply to this thread before you give up, Neil? As one of the original posters on this thread I feel somewhat responsible but I read your detailed responses and learned a lot. Then I thought, "That's OK, then" and carried on.

I think it wasn't helped by someone labelled 'staff' treating it as a bug and having us download tools to try to fix it. Only when you joined in did it start to make sense and cease to be a problem.

I can't understand why people don't read the whole thread. They'd learn so much. And as for this being the reason someone would move over to Resolve, to me that's just silly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed. There are reasons to go to Resolve, especially if you have CinemaDNG media historically. Or want to avoid the exported XML-out to Resolve and the time spent on conforming there, and can get by with Resolve's editing abilities. Which is of course a result of the decision (I disagreed with strenuously) to discontinue SpeedGrade, their own color grading app.

But this as a reason ... yea, silly.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines