• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Good luck with the new BMPCC4K

LEGEND ,
Nov 20, 2019 Nov 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good luck with the new BMPCC4K ... I certainly am enjoying mine ...

Neil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 21, 2019 Nov 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still angry about the chip on the original being 'bad' .. a present from someone... who should have known better if he even looked at it before he sent it. I suspect someone on his crew blew the chip with dustoff and made the chip blemished without his knowledge.

I'm still waiting for the cleaner stuff today and am ready to clean the chip. Maybe I can use it as a 'backup' camera for full HD using CDNG, if the cleaner does the trick, but frankly I think that's just an item that will go on shelf and is now worthless. It's not unlikely it will go in the garbage can.

Got the 4k ordered, CF card ( expensive) and SD card ( for full HD only ) and after Monday I'll have all the stuff with new camera and edit program tested.

I might be able to attach the half cage from original to new one but I doubt it.

I have no clue what my new MFT lens will do with 4/3 sensor opposed to super 16.

I have no clue what will happen with adapters for nikon full 35mm chip lenses and that crop factor.

I hate this stuff... it used to be so easy... buy film, shoot, done.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

cleaner and swabs cleaned off chip OK. Kinda moot as 4k is on way.

Was thinking of getting real light tripod with simple head ( cause mine is very heavy with fluid head), but then remembered I got this thing called a flycam years ago for the nikon. The nikon with atomos and counterweights was way too heavy for me to use standing ( even with wrist support) but I just stripped it down ( took weights off ) and will put 4k on it, and balance it on a grip stand ( attach gimbal to the grip stand like steadicam people do ) with weights. That might work OK. At least then I can pan the camera.

battery issue is next... got cards ordered... but I have brand new batteries for original bmpcc (7.4 V ) and have to see if they work with 4k. There might be a different maH rating for the new one, I have no clue... when I search on internet, with all the idiots posting stuff, it's impossible to find right answers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As you know, a camera crane is generally 2/3 in front of post and 1/3 behind... so that when you add weight to balance the front it is 3X the weight of the front end ( camera, mag, head, etc. ). The same is true of a steadicam or gimbal thing... the length of the rod below the gimbal point ( let's call it the post ) determines what multiple of weight you have to add to balane the camera. The longer the pole below post, the less weight you have to add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 24, 2019 Nov 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

had to order cable ( type c usb) to update firmware.. all stuff coming in next few days ...

ordered cable for juice to 4k

ordered 2 more batteries and charger

ordered cf card and sd card

sheesh... got camera today. Didn't even turn it on ( but charged up battery via AC DC adapter )

A friend in NY went on vacation in San Miguel and sent this photo... ( i phone ?? ) so I put into a timeline and used editing controls and made it better I think for viewing on computers ... don't know if anyone else will think it's better.

IMG_6718.jpeg

STREET 2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines