• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hanging With Dynamic Link Interrupting Workflow

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is freaking killing me.  WHY do I always install the updates when they first come out??   WHY?????

Mod Note: post was marked as OT and title was changed. Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You also keep your previous version, right?

Installing a new major version when it "ships" is great, but I never understand people who don't keep the old version and work in it while testing the new version with new projects.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While my issue with the latest Premeire Pro update was an exporting error, apologies if off topic, returning to a previous version solved my problem.  I didn't know to keep prior versions and ASS-U-MEd always running the latest and greatest version was best.  Live and learn.  Thank you Neil and the  Premiere Pro Community.

Sean

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 08, 2021 Nov 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got burned several years back by updating in all the wrong ways ... installed the new without keeping the old, and quickly simply opened like three projects in the new version.

Which had for my gear/media/workflow MAJOR issues, that they weren't able to 'fix' in a patch for around a month. I was informed by a couple marvelous helpers here ... who were rather curmudgeonly in their pithyness ... that my actions were the cause of my discomfort.

That if I'd chosen to behave more wisely, I would be working away without issue while awaiting a build that worked for me.

Which on sitting back and looking at it, was actually ... true. I hadn't thought the whole possiblity thing through.

Since then, I've carefullly kept the 'remove previous versions' option in the CC app unchecked, and yes, it occasionally resets itself. You must check that every once in a while.

Also, check the auto-update option. Many of us have a running argument with their CC management about this. They feel that the majority of users are better served if they get the newest build on release, and don't need the old versions taking space on the computer.

We users feel the opposite: we can never ever trust a new build until it's proven stable for OUR machines and all, and keeping old versions takes a very small space on today's hardware.

Lastly, when migrating projects, don't open them in a new build version. Create a new project, then use MediaBrowser to import the assets of the old project file.

It gets the cleanest new project file, and keeps the old file fully usable in the old version. Safety!

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @R_N_C , Maybe you have been bewitched by the advertising language of the new feature of Premiere Pro. There are many new cool amazing feature in New MAJOR VERSION. But like any other software, new major feature never stable. You'd better install after new major version 🙂

Or you should keep old version to make your finish your dailly job.

-Office : Adobe || Home : Resolve-

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

True that.

[PII removed by mod]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something many users seem to struggle with is the total variability here.

Many users, probably the vast majority, are not struggling with the new version at all. I'm one of those this time, and am very thankful to whatever lucky star helped out this time.

There are some users who simply cannot at ALL work in this version of the new release.

So there isn't any believing in marketing hype or any pish-posh like that, it's simply working on my rig. And it's being driven for some very intense color work involving both Lumetri and Red Giant Colorista, a number of other RG effects applied, some complex mogrts, time remapping, using RED, BM-BRAW, Arri, and Sony A7 media besides Mavic drones and a couple other DSLR in mov/mp4, quite a bit of Warp stabilizing, and also working projects in both Productions and Team Projects mode with some of the media living online accessed via LucidLink filespace services.

And yes, with Ae comps involved also. Multiple Ae comps, with multiframe rendering "on" in Ae.

For some users right now, most any of this ... would be a clear non-starter. That is SO FRUSTRATING.

So yes, I'm hoping the developers get a fix on the various issues clearly plaguing some users with the new release. That is badly needed. And the sensible apprehension for any new release hopefully will keep most people testing them before committing client work to a new untried release.

And at the same time, it's good that the rest of the user base can use the new tools. Because they are wondrous when they work.

And yes, again, I've been on the slow end of the release cycle myself, where for 3-4 months after a major release I needed to work on the older version as the new one wouldn't work for me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm shocked myself. Each official update should only improve and not worsen the product. Frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For most of us, the new version is a lot improved. For some of the users, it's not working or is mostly working but with annoying glitches. Which is unfortunately going to happen with major updates to the underlying code.

But if you don't update the underlying code, over time your app becomes ancient do-do. Which is something that was happening with Pr and Ae. Hence ... each of the last couple major version updates and many of the intermediate ones have been as much about updating to modern code if not more so than changing features.

Changing so much code is inherently problematic when the app is as dense, complex, and complicated as an NLE. BM's Resolve has the same issue as far as their recent update, even though I think the code base of Resolve is in general newer than much of Pr was.

And they will get updates out to address the problems. Which means those that are having an issue will over the next month or two get it fixed. Been there done that myself.

And why anyone in any complex app like an NLE should test  new versions before trying to use them for work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 19, 2021 Dec 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Happy to report that I'm operating as prior on this issue. 

Now on to the other issues!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines