• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hey, look a poorly implemented Adobe process. Shocker. Al...

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, look a poorly implemented Adobe process. Shocker. All I said was that Adobe will continue to apply the methodology that the customer is always wrong; they are computer illiterate. It must be them who broke the software and they should be shamed. Then I plugged Black Magic Resolve, which continues to improve and grow in capabilities and is now much more stable than Adobe products. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ahh, always nice to run across a troll.

I work a lot with colorists, who naturally tend to work mostly in Resolve ... unless they're on Mistika or Baselight or Avid of course. And I spend a lot of time at NAB and on the LGG forum talking with other editors and with colorists. Even teach how to color correct with Premier on a colorist's subscription website, most of which training is based of course ... in Resolve. Naturally.

There were shops that never migrated from Resolve 14 to any 15 version, because none of the 15 versions when tested were stable in their shops. While many others worked wonderfully well in the 15.x versions. Why? All sorts of reasons I expect. And if you've been through BM support ... gee ... you get asked what your hardware and media are, and of course, what you were doing and such things.

Because without that information, there is no way to possibly troubleshoot problems. It isn't blaming the computer or the user ... it's just real-life Troubleshooting 101. Like, duh ...

There are numerous issues constantly being discussed on say the LGG forum with 16.x, including bugs and poorly implemented features from 14.x/15.x that have never been fixed or fleshed out. Which may affect only a few to most of the members of that forum, depending on the bug. So ... for any of these complex apps, there are always going to be issues. Can't be otherwise.

On my 6-core Win10 rig, Resolve (studio) is mostly stable but I loathe the interface. And of course, like most things in Resolve, you can't change it. Understand, their system is setup to get you into the software so then you will need to buy their hardware ... as say, the transmit-out feature only works if you have a BlackMagic card to send the signal out to the monitor. They say that will finally change sometime this fall. Would be nice.

The color corrective capabilities are vastly greater than Premiere, of course. And they've a couple things in there that I need at times, so I'll work media in it. But as I find their editing section ... annoying ... I tend to just take media to Resolve, make changes, then export and go back to working in Premiere.

NOT that Premiere is 'perfect', any more than Resolve is. I can give you a list of issues I think need changing in Premiere ... and I've certainly given the engineers that list. But realistically ... Premiere ... and Avid ... and Baselight ... and Mistika ... are tools. Just ... tools. They don't "love" you, change your kid's diapers, or make your teeth white. Essentially, they're fancy hammers. Don't "love" them ... just use what works. Complain to the engineers about what doesn't. Work much with any of these apps, you'll get to complain to the engineers.

And like hammers, use the one that you like to work with. I've friends who love editing in Resolve ... more power to them. Ain't my cup of joe.

But I love the presence of competition ... which can't hurt us users one bit.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, are you going for each post saying the same about Nab and so much importante people you know etc etc? I dont think that type of answers will help to anyone, if you are not from adobe and only other user like me, i am very confused. And marking as resolved one post with empty words, not help to anyone except to adobe. Its very confusing when you use the term troll, when you are acting almost like one. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 12, 2019 Nov 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Someone who goes around posting over generalized comments is oft referred to as a troll. Especially when they write X is perfect and y is schlock. Without showing any attempt to fix or detail the problems they are having.

Nothing actually personal about it, that's what the behavior is called.

Premiere is nowhere near perfect. Some things affect and irritate me no end also, and I've posted about them and communicated directly to everyone from the program managers on down.

Anyone going to something like NAB or IBC or Adobe MAX can do the same thing. Especially if you've got problems, you should post detailed explanation on the UserVoice system so the engineers and managers see it, and if attending one of the professional events, talk with them in person.

They are very open to conversation and discussion with anyone and want the details of all issues.

So posting blunt but informative posts of troubles on UserVoice is useful. Posting troll comments not so much.

And of course sometimes someone needs to rant to let off steam ... I certainly have, with several programs.

And always remember any app is a fancy hammer. That's all. If one feels better in your hands or does your work better, use it. I use Resolve for some things myself. And I'm aware of the serious issues some Resolve users face, as that isn't a perfect ap either. Dang good for some things for sure.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines