• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How on Earth is Premiere Pro Auto-save STILL Unreliable?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Adobe! Worked all day on a video, only to have the render lock my computer up.

.When I tried to recover all the good work I had done, All that was available was the last save from three days ago.

Not a trace that any work had been done today.

Auto Save was set at 15 min intervals. I was working for at least three hours.

What was in the  auto-save folder you ask?

Not a damn thing.

Awesome.

I guess coding the software to be bullet proof is just too much to ask from one version to the next.

It seems Adobe PP got a huge boost in popularity when Apple ruined Final Cut.

Adobe is ruining PP by not addressing age old issues, and releasing versions before they are ready.

Please, dear lord of consistency, create a company in your image. Create a company that will put robust, quality software out there. Software that doesn't suffer from the same issues Microsoft Word had back in 1986.I beg of you. In exchange, I will no longer be impure on any level.Please Save Us All.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 09, 2019 Aug 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make a habit of Save a Copy to another drive every so often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Loved the humor in your last paragraph!

I've found no issues with autosave but then ... I don't rely on it alone either. I learned some years back in ALL computer programs to 1) ALWAYS do manual saves every so often; do iterative save-as every major step completed and continue on in the newest save-as issue, and 3) at least once a period save elsewhere.

Again, that's with all applications. Not just Premiere.

There is something about doing a manual save or two when starting a project that gets autosave going. And perhaps keeps it going. My autosave folder always has the full twenty saves in it.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines