Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to frameserve from Premiere CS5?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

since Debugmode Frameserver is not working in Premiere CS5, also Avisynth is not working with CS5 version nor ProCoder and CCE doesn't have export plugin for Premiere CS5, my question is do we have option to frameserve Premiere timeline to some external coder or only encoding workflow (for DVD - MPEG2) is using Adobe Media Encoder?

Please, share your experience with encoding and frameserving.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
LEGEND ,
Nov 07, 2010 Nov 07, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the lounge, since the topic is now more about DMFS than CS5.

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 04, 2010 Nov 04, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google-translated post

Exactly!

Satish, the original author of the frameserver, was making the source code available so that any interested party could just pick up and run with it

Exactly again: http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/source/browse/#svn/trunk/src

and more: http://code.google.com/p/frame-server/wiki/BuildInstructions

we don't need to do anything

Not necessarily. As says - one head is good but two is better ... Maybe you can provide something like that, which I do not think ...

But the work itself with code of course we will not have to do. This will deal with the programmer.

PS// On my forum, there are three or four people willing to participate in this "scam" 

So... I'm still looking for an assistant to communicate in english with you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally one would use some sort of Escrow service. We put our money into escrow. When programmer has finished work and bug-free plug-in received then funds are released from escrow.

https://www.escrow.com/solutions/escrow/process.asp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. On that moment i can get money from Ðœoneybookers and Western Union

Sorry. Those service(Escrow) not available in Russia and Ukraine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moneybookers do an escrow service:

http://www.moneybookers.com/app/help.pl?s=escrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O. I see. Thank you. I think it`s good solution for us.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 21, 2010 Nov 21, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody. We have fully functionality plugin. And some improves....

http://photomir.dn.ua/tutorials/adobe/premiere/debugmodecs5/debugmodecs5.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 22, 2010 Nov 22, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installation process and work in AME.

http://photomir.dn.ua/tutorials/adobe/temp_blogs/debugmode-frameserver-cs5/debugmode-frameserver-cs5.html

As I mentioned above you can send money to MoneyBookers. My email address in this system:

hotmail.png
Those  who are worried about fairness of the transaction can take advantage of  the system through the transfer of Escrow, as advised mark__m.
------------
So of course, also the variant with WesternUnion available:
Ukraine (country)
Donetskaya (province)
Makeevka (city)
86157 (postal code)
Engels 7 (street)
Vasil' (first name)
Tararin (last name)
-------------
After sending the translation, let me know the same your information as above:
country, province, city, postal code, street, first name, last name
also
transfer amount and MTCN (Money Transfer Control Number),
city, state / province, country money sent from.
And please, check:
This transaction is not concemed with business or investment activities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2010 Nov 25, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Probably it is very convenient, just sit on the sidelines until someone do everything for you ...
So many want to be? Hey! Where do you all ....
I created a page where you can make all possible assistance to the project. Including PayPal ...

http://photomir.dn.ua/debug/index.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 30, 2010 Nov 30, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

mark__m!!  As i understand, its you did the transfer to my PayPal? I want to tale you,,, hmm... Here:

http://savdink.com/showthread.php?t=28482

on my  forum, i do the public relation with users who want to participate in this donation. Where in the first topic you can see how many i collect at the current time. (now it`s ~260$ - Commission for the withdrawal of funds(~10%)).

In addition, I offer you to use the debug version, the one that I have on hand. True  it has some bugs, and there is no installer (you need to create keys in the registry, copy files and folders manualy, register codec manualy). If you are interested, just tell me. I will give you the files and describe what should be done that would have working DMFS.
A final version, I can get as soon as collect all money(500$). And right after that
of course ше will distribute it to all the participants ... And then (later, when those who are greedy, will be nervous )  are likely to give the sources to Satish.

Thanks anyway....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm somewhat interested in this. I was really hoping that it was going to let us use the AME queue to set up multiple exports, but even though you can queue up several frameserved items in AME, it doesn't look like it will close a previous connection and set up a new one. That would really be worth paying for, but this is impressive nonetheless.

So, what sort of guarantees do we have that we're actually going to get a fully functioning product, or any product, for that matter? It's obvious that the plug-in is working now, but that doesn't mean we'll wind up with that. I'm assuming that if we donate, we won't have to pay for anything again, and we'll receive any updates for free. Do we have a means of communicating with the coder to fix bugs or add features, or is this sort of a matter of "you get what you get?"

Anyway, I'm intrigued.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First. How do you imagine queue with FrameServer? Theoretically possible to do so, that then system is idle, serving would be stopped automatically. But how does it understand programm what use signpost file, such AVISinth, or ProCoder ?.... To do this, will have to write something totally not related to DebugMode...

it doesn't look like it will close a previous connection and set up a new one.

Generaly, if press the stop serving, is exactly as you say. Old signpost avi, removed, and immediately activated a new export. And  mind you, due to the fact that the settings DebugMode moved into a  dialogue Premiere, is now no need to click the Next button.... But what do we make of it? In principle, it is probably possible to implement in AVISinth, writing some sort of clever script.. I don`t know. May be you can suggest something?..

So, what sort of guarantees

As I said in the previous one post, when all is finished, the sources will be given to the officially developer. Later he will make official release. This is the first. Second only to good-natured to me, the attitude of the programmer. At the moment, all my requests to them properly implemented.

While this is certainly not a guarantee ... But actually before that DMFS was distributed without any warranty too...

Do we have a means of communicating with the coder to fix bugs or add features, or is this sort of a matter of "you get what you get?"

Ofcause you can communicate with him. But he is unlikely to be able to properly communicate with you. Is that too with a translator, as I

Who needs his email I can tell, but not on the forum page (which would hide his email from spammers)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2010 Dec 01, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, what sort of guarantees

As I said in the previous one post, when all is finished, the sources will be given to the officially developer. Later he will make official release. This is the first. Second only to good-natured to me, the attitude of the programmer. At the moment, all my requests to them properly implemented.

But has Satish (the original frameserver coder) said that he will maintain the project, even if someone took over the heavy lifting? As far as I recall, he gave up on creating a 64-bit version of DMFS because of the lack of time, interest (his own--not ours!) and resources. My concern would be that, while we now have what appears to be a fully-functioning frameserver, if we do find a bug or want additional features, there is no one to address that without hiring a developer again. So who would be providing support for the frameserver? What is the incentive to the programmer who has been hired to fix bugs?

While this is certainly not a guarantee ... But actually before that DMFS was distributed without any warranty too...

I have no real reason to not trust you or the programmer or anyone else--everything looks to be on the up and up--but the fact remains that we never paid for the frameserver before, so expectations were fairly low. Now, some of us have a monetary commitment and involvement with the project (or will, soon ), so we want to be sure we're getting a return on our investment. Getting this thing working in CS5 is WELL worth what it's taking to get it going, so no qualms there... I'm just curious as to where we go from here. I'm not expecting a warranty, necessarily, but no one had a penny invested in this before.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But has Satish (the original frameserver coder) said that he will maintain the project, even if someone took over the heavy lifting? As far as I recall, he gave up on creating a 64-bit version of DMFS because of the lack of time, interest (his own--not ours!) and resources. My concern would be that, while we now have what appears to be a fully-functioning frameserver, if we do find a bug or want additional features, there is no one to address that without hiring a developer again. So who would be providing support for the frameserver? What is the incentive to the programmer who has been hired to fix bugs?

See post 5.  That does not fully answer the question, other than Satish appears to be willing to add to the main project.  That implies a level of support, but I don't think Satish could answer that question until he sees the code.  I assume that he would not add it until it was a ready for release.  Probably a good time for someone to ask him.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See post 5.  That does not fully answer the question, other than Satish appears to be willing to add to the main project.  That implies a level of support, but I don't think Satish could answer that question until he sees the code.  I assume that he would not add it until it was a ready for release.  Probably a good time for someone to ask him.

That's exactly my point: what does that mean? That he provides hosting for it? Support for it? Continued development for it? Whose timetable are we operating on? Etc., etc.

Don't get me wrong: I'm all about supporting this, if for no other reason than it's great to see it functioning anew. To be perfectly honest, the benefit of it is rather negligible to me at this point: AME is pretty solid and serves most of my encoding needs and desires. I'd like having this tool in the toolbox, but I won't lose sleep if I don't have it; I've survived over a year without it and adapted my workflows, as I'm sure anybody on CS4 or later did. I'm just reluctant to throw good money after something as nebulous as this right now; Mama didn't raise no altruist

If my qualms are settled, I'm on the boat.

(PS: mark m - did you pony up for this and receive the debug version you were promised?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can queue up several frameserved items in AME

I've been more thought. If  we make an automatic stop serving, then queue from AME can use those  programs for which provided a "watch folder" But then create queue, need to ensure to it that would be the name of each output file to  be unique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep. I made a deal with a programmer about the automatic stop serving, at a given time the system is idle.

Your turn. How to implement catch the next file with encoder?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taravasya wrote:

Yep. I made a deal with a programmer about the automatic stop serving, at a given time the system is idle.

Your turn. How to implement catch the next file with encoder?

Just do the same to start encoding. Perhaps a checkbox called "Automatically Start and Stop Serving" could be added to the Video options for the plug-in. Make it so this can be saved in a preset, like most of the other options, and then you can queue up a bunch of files/sequences in AME and apply the preset to all of them. Once the AME queue starts, it'll start frameserving the first queued encode, and after the frameserver detects that it's not serving frames any more for a certain duration of time, it will terminate the current frameserving and go on to the next. I think a timer is the only way to do this; the frameserver isn't going to have knowledge of what the third-party encoder is doing, so it can only measure its own time spent not doing anything. That should be good enough to provide automatic termination, I think.

Does that all make sense?

(This is getting good!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

taravasya wrote:

you can queue up several frameserved items in AME

I've been more thought. If  we make an automatic stop serving, then queue from AME can use those  programs for which provided a "watch folder" But then create queue, need to ensure to it that would be the name of each output file to  be unique.

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about. Obviously, there needs to be some sort of "intelligence" on the part of the frameserver to know when to terminate its current process, and then relaunch; the AME queue, as far as I can imagine, would be able to handle the relaunching of the frameserver. Perhaps an "autopilot" option could be added to the frameserver that would automatically "click" the Next and Stop Serving buttons when there is a lack of serving activity for a certain duration of time--60 to 120 seconds, for example. I don't think we need to worry about unique names too much as it appears that the plug-in already respects the name of the queued sequence or file. So long as those are different, there shouldn't be any problems. Obviously, your third-party encoding app needs watch folders, but I think many of the major ones do--Sorenson Squeeze, for instance.

The reason I'm interested in the queuing ability is that, theoretically, with the capability of network frameserving, we can effectively offload our encoding to another computer and continue working on the primary computer, with no major hit in performance. As far as I'm concerned, that's the main reason I'm interested in this plug-in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

--

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps an "autopilot" option could be added to the frameserver that would automatically "click" the Next and Stop Serving

No more click to next. Look very closely:

http://photomir.dn.ua/tutorials/adobe/temp_blogs/debugmode-frameserver-cs5/debugmode-frameserver-cs5.html

when there is a lack of serving activity for a certain duration of time--60 to 120 seconds

I repeat:

I made a deal with a programmer about the automatic stop serving, at a given time the system is idle

Next serving will be started automaticaly by AME. We don`t have to do for this anything.

Just do the same to start encoding. Perhaps a checkbox called "Automatically Start and Stop Serving" could be added to the Video options for the plug-in. Make it so this can be saved in a preset, like most of the other options, and then you can queue up a bunch of files/sequences in AME and apply the preset to all of them. Once the AME queue starts, it'll start frameserving the first queued encode, and after the frameserver detects that it's not serving frames any more for a certain duration of time, it will terminate the current frameserving and go on to the next. I think a timer is the only way to do this; the frameserver isn't going to have knowledge of what the third-party encoder is doing, so it can only measure its own time spent not doing anything. That should be good enough to provide automatic termination, I think.

No. I talk about another problem. For example:
Upon completion of the first item in the queue, a frame-server itself is turned off. AME started the next item, and on your hard drive, a new file
appears. What's next?? How to make a third-party encoder will automatically start coding a new file?? I think this problem does not solve within a frame-server. The only solution is a WatchFolder or custom script for application that support the command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps an "autopilot" option could be added to the frameserver that would automatically "click" the Next and Stop Serving

No more click to next.

Right, right; I saw that. Forgot to amend my post.

I repeat:

I made a deal with a programmer about the automatic stop serving, at a given time the system is idle

Got it. You'll have to forgive the back-and-forth. The Google translation leaves a little to be desired. It's too literal at times. Anyway, that's great. Will this be a user-configurable option, or hard-wired into the code.

No. I talk about another problem. For example:

Upon completion of the first item in the queue, a frame-server itself is turned off. AME started the next item, and on your hard drive, a new file appears. What's next?? How to make a third-party encoder will automatically start coding a new file?? I think this problem does not solve within a frame-server. The only solution is a WatchFolder or custom script for application that support the command line.

Who cares about the third-party encoder? If it has watch folder functionality, it will work fine: it's looking at a folder you specify, and when a file drops in there (like our frameserved AVI) it encodes it. The third-party encoders I use mostly already have watch folders, so as far as I'm concerned, as long as the current frameserved AVI has a built-in timeout to shutdown, we're all set. I agree that there doesn't need to be any watch folder functionality built into the frameserver--that's pointless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but I'll gladly provide help to any other programmer

Untill this moment help from him, its full "ZERO" It`s all i can say about it...

The Google translation leaves a little to be desired. It's too literal at times.

Sorry,... I do not have another opportunity to communicate with you. Maybe you tell me another alternative?

Will this be a user-configurable option, or hard-wired into the code

How you think it will be right? I think better to have a choice...

I agree that there doesn't need to be any watch folder functionality built into the frameserver--that's pointless.

OK. I am glad that at least on this issue all clear

------

Now, about the changes, fixes and improvements where necessary. About support...
Until now, the man with whom I work (programmer), was very diligent, performers and responsive to my requests.
Example of this last idea, voiced here - automatic stop serving. At the present time his already work on this. While originally, this was no agreement. That is, people just went to my assignment.

So,... I think if he will be satisfied with pay, we can expect to support him at least for a certain period. Half of year, maybe a year. But  if we will be ve-e-e-e-ery long talk about it, and collect money through these same six  months or a year, then we are hardly able to count on his support. Think about this...

Good Luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 02, 2010 Dec 02, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I'll bite; I put up some cash for this via PayPal. I'd love to get my hands on the debug version so that I can test it out on a couple of long MPEG2 encodes I need to do.

As far as the "timeout" period goes: personally, I think it should just be hard-wired. Make it about 2 minutes or so. It's one less option that needs to be set. Theoretically, it could be short, like 15 seconds, as that should give enough time for a third-party encoder to "see" the signpost file in its watch folder and begin encoding it. The frameserving would likely to be continuous then, as the encoder will just use frames as it needs them. Even if an encode is not that fast, it should still be polling the frameserver at a fairly regular pace. Ultimately, I'm pretty indifferent; whether it's built-in or user-configurable, it doesn't really matter, so long as this function actually works. I'm glad to hear that the developer is open to suggestions like this while we adapt to this new workflow.

I don't know of another translation service, short of getting a speaker of both languages between us We'll just make do with good old Google...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 08, 2010 Dec 08, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taravasya,

Yes, I did contribute a small amount to the project! Thank you for making this happen. Looks like it's nearly there.

Cheers

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines