Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to frameserve from Premiere CS5?

New Here ,
Sep 23, 2010 Sep 23, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dears,

since Debugmode Frameserver is not working in Premiere CS5, also Avisynth is not working with CS5 version nor ProCoder and CCE doesn't have export plugin for Premiere CS5, my question is do we have option to frameserve Premiere timeline to some external coder or only encoding workflow (for DVD - MPEG2) is using Adobe Media Encoder?

Please, share your experience with encoding and frameserving.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 159 Replies 159
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2011 Feb 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The frameserver is PC only

We can think about this....

It really is the required function? What do you think?

As I understand, for this only need to adapt the codec for Mac?...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I, for one. would like to serve from the PC to the Mac.  But, I am probably in the minority and the development should follow completion of the original project.  I would chip in again if you decide to go down this path.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm no programmer, but I suspect this would involve a massive overhaul of the code for the frameserver, if not an entirely new codebase to implement it.

I'm not saying its impossible, or that it's a bad idea--it's a great idea--but I think this would involve a fair bit of capital to get someone to work on this. The reason we were able to get AFS so "cheap" is because it wasn't a radical departure from DMFS. Yes, there are new features and optimizations, but this didn't involve any sort of crossplatforming.

Again, this is a swell idea, but I'll pass the torch to you to lead the attack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the record, I just encoded to a Squeeze Watch Folder with AFS locally on a PC with excellent results. I'll give a network location a try later, but I see no reason why it shouldn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 11, 2010 Dec 11, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

QUICK UPDATE:

We're getting very close to the end of the project. The necessary funds have been collected; it's just a matter of putting them together from the various payment collection services now

At this point, the frameserver is functional and stable. The programmer is trying to work on optimizing the frameserver now, hopefully to take advantage of multithreading, etc. The goal is to add as little overhead in the frameserving process, and make it at least as fast--if not faster--than exporting an intermediate file and encoding from that.

We're shooting for sometime in the middle of this coming week for a release; as with most software, that is subject to fluctuation. Stay tuned here for more...

Many thanks to everyone who contributed to the project!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Dec 12, 2010 Dec 12, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just donated to the project. I may or may not ever use the DMFS functionality. I'm just a big fan of this type of innovation - user driven.

Steve Brame

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2010 Dec 14, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colin, thanks for your efforts and the demo video.  Just donated my tidbit and am eagerly awaiting release.  Will all the donors be contacted, or should we continue to check this thread for updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2010 Dec 19, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am also interested in Frameserve for AP.CS5. Answer please how to get it? I use the Google translator, and I do not know if everything I understand, is it enough to pay for this site http://photomir.dn.ua/debug/index.html any amount to get it or a concrete. write step by step what to do to get frameserve.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing has to do. The required amount already collected. It remains just wait until the developer will finish the final version of the plugin. At the moment, remained unresolved only one bug (if I remember correctly). Once work on it finished, everyone will be able to use it. I think it very quickly becomes publicly available. You can optionally just donate any amount which you find comfortable, that would stimulate the further development of the project ... But this does not necessarily ...
I hope that within the next 7-10 days the final version will be ready.
Good luck!
PS / Do you speak Russian?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

respected imergo, and everyone else who took part in paying for the work of the programmer. Firstly thank you all very much. And secondly, you can just watch this topic. This forum will be the second place, which I'll post a link to the final release of the plugin ...
First place will be a forum where it all began (the above I pointed him)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sory dubel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the frameserver serve 6-channel audio?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 23, 2011 Feb 23, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Of course no.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

привет, я польский, я не говорю на русском, но тем быстрее он говорит на русском языке, чем на английском языке.
Спасибо за ваш быстрый ответ, если вы знаете что-нибудь еще, дайте мне знать в порядке?
может быть на русском языке:)
Мой адрес: arturpu@o2.pl

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UNEXCITING UPDATE:

The frameserver is about 90% functional right now. A bug with RGB24 frameserving that caused transitions to render weird alpha issues has been fixed, which was the last major bug that was discovered. The frameserver also has a new name: Advanced Frameserver. Keepin' it simple

The last major hurdle that is being worked on is not so much a bug-squashing stampede, but rather some major overhauling to the way the frameserver dishes up frames to external applications. Generally, encoding from a frameserved signpost AVI file is as fast as encoding from an intermediate file. However, there is a significant slowdown when serving from a sequence with render-intensive effects or when using MRQ during export; this is primarily evident when using poorly multi-threaded apps like Squeeze or VirtualDub. However, when encoding to something like CCE or when using the multi-threaded version of Avisynth between the frameserver and VirtualDub, the time differential diminished or disappeared.

So, what the developer is working on is a method to request multiple frames in parallel and cache them, so that encoding applications that maybe aren't as efficient will have a "pool" of served frames to pull from, instead of asking for them one by one. This increases the overhead a bit, since the frameserver will have to cache a certain number of frames, but should be offset by much shorter encoding times. In order to implement this, however, the frameserver needs to be more or less written from scratch, so that's why there haven't been any updates lately. The frameserver is essentially complete; it's just being hot-rodded now

I'll update as we get closer to a revamped version of the frameserver--stay tuned. My thanks to everyone for your interest and support of the project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 20, 2010 Dec 20, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be unexciting, but it's very informative and well-presented.

Thanks!

-Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2010 Dec 26, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just received the frameserver from taravasya.  Looking forward to trying it.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this version intended to work for CS4 as well?  I've tried installing it in various plug-in directories without luck so far.  (Nor have I been able to use the original DebugMode.)  Any advice would be welcome; thanks.  (Windows 7/64-bit)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its designed for CS5 which is 64 bits, so the frameserver is 64 also. It wont work in CS4, its a 32 bits app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is frameserver released officially? How can we get it? Only by sending some money or it will be distributed on frameserver page for donwload?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not final releas. When will the final version is ready, the source-codes will be transferred to Satish Kumar (creator of this plugin). How soon after that, he will publish a new Official release I do not know.
Also possible will be created new OpenSource project, because from the old DebugMode Frame Server, in this new version is almost nothing left ...
In any case, with time this plugin will be available to everyone. Just need time ..

And while, that those who have helped me pay for work of a programmer can use the plug-in, as they want it ...

GoodLuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for inserting a link,

Pozdrawiam : Artur Pukaluk

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2011 Jan 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone test it with TMPGenc?

Going from hdv to mpeg-dvd with ac3 audio the audio file is empty. Its not realy empty but you cannot hear any audio.

The encoding window in Premiere stays at: Writing audio in signpost AVI:97%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I had the same happen to me with any source format, so I exported a wave file from Premiere, then frameserved without audio to TMPGEnc and set my wave as audio source for AC3 encoding. I could never get the audio to work properly through frameserving. Hopefully a bug that can be ironed out! Haven't tried with any other encoder so can't tell whether problem lies in frameserver or TMPGEnc...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In TMPGEnc, go to Options > Preferences > File input plug-in, and uncheck the AVI file reader option. That's it; no need to export separate audio or to embed the PCM samples.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines