I am so upset with Adobe and a lot of the people in this forum.

Participant ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I seemed to get banned from these forums for trying to get answers on bugs I've been having for years.

Is this how Adobe deals with their paying customers? Ask too many questions and get a ban? The worst customer service I have ever recieved from any company in my life.

I've been using Premiere Pro and After Effects since the CS4 days, and I must say I am glad to finally throw Adobe apps in the trash where they belong. So long.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 15, 2022 Sep 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Actually, no, Joseph. It was a spam bot that flagged certain posts because of the words you typed. You were not banned and still have full access to these forums.

This bot flags any posts for profanity. Some words in the English language are considered profanity or hurtful to others in non-U.S. countries. Britain, for example. I cannot write the words, or my post will get flagged.

Though you did not mean to use these words as profanity, we are in error. For that, I apologize.

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just wish there was a more direct line of contact.

I have been facing these bugs for years now and nothing has gotten fixed. So it's easy to feel that system doesn't work at all. Most of the top requests haven't even been fixed.

I feel like we deserve a little more respect than to clamor and beg for things to be fixed thag have been ignored for years.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The reality is the vast majority of bugs are fixed. But just like in Resolve now, there are some major things though that have gone on for several versions without a fix. Which seems really odd and not particularly good to us users.

Their M&E people well up above the developers read their metrics, and to a rather large extent, give directions to the teams from those metrics. I don't think the things the M&E people direct them to spend time on are always aligned with where the devs would choose to budget time. Big corporations well ... have their ways.

I would we could have more direct input with the devs. They actually are all pretty good people, and use the apps for their own work also. But of course, you are dealing with a lot of engineers ... who 'see' things a bit differently.

Like the arguments I've had over burying the new color management tools in the Project panel right-click context menu ... Modify/Interpret Footage ... to the engineers, that is the LOGICAL place any user would think to look for CM controls.

Um ... well, as someone incredibly versed in the app, and used to long discussions with the engineers so I do at times figure out where/why they place things ... that one was well past my ability to find it.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2022 Sep 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I understand that. Everyone's system is different.

But you have to understand that I've been teased by people on here and told I was a liar for posting this. Especially by Mr. Heaton, since he's the one who literally told me I was not posting my bugs "In good faith".

I think my exereince with Adobe as a whole has been horrible. Ive been treated badly and I've complained and no one has done a thing.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then they deletaed alll my comments and posts reffering to this bug. So to me it sounds like theyre hiding something and being very rude about this whole situation.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just last week I was given the run around so many times, until Mr. Heaton took my comment, transfered it to a private thread, and proceded to send me an image of Davinci Resolve bugs. Not even addressing my bug. And then im pretty sure I got a ban. And poof. There goes all my comments. And all the progress I made trying to get my bug issue across, got thrown in the gutter.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Extremely unprofessional and made me very uncomfortable.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph.  I have absolutely no private communication with you.  Nor have I edited or moved any of your posts.  Kindly refrain from making false statements in the Adobe User Forums.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph, 
Our spam bot picked off a post or two of yours; humans did not do it. Sorry about that. About your issue, please try updating macOS and Premiere Pro to 22.6.2. Let us know if you are still having problems. 

Thanks,
Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Joseph.  You told users that Davinci Resolve is trouble-free.  That is, simply, an untrue statement.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You threw our convo into a discussions section and out of the thread. Now it's locked and my comments are no longer in the original threads.

Sure I've been very frustrated in my posts but again I have not been able to get a straight answer from anyone. In either User Voice or this one. I was just finally getting somewhere. The thing is if we know what this bug is then why is this not being taken seriously? Why is this not in "good faith"? Because to me it sounds like no one actually knows what's going on and y'all got annoyed by me continuing to ask questions. This should be evidence that this forum is far from helpful to people that have specific problems. Maybe I don't know how to articulate that well. But I feel how I was treated was far from how this should have been done. Now I'm just used as entertainment.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And just because it's not an issue for YOU, doesn't mean it's not an issue for anyone else. How selfish to tell another user what is good and what's not for their specific workflow

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand you're angry. However, when I read the posts of say Warren, I don't see at all what you say is there. He clearly acknowledges that the problem can exist across both PC and Macs, and that it is a bug within Premiere.

And gave his impression, from working with the problem on his machine, that it's annoying but he was able to at least keep working. Which is naturally ... for practical people ... a huge thing as some bugs simply shut you down.

I didn't see him tell you anything but that ... it seems to me you're making some assumptions that may well not be even in the same time zone.

We're all users here ... and someone like Warren volunteers a lot of time to help others out simply because ... he's trying to help. And there's not a single thing I can see is an attack or belittling of you in any way, shape, or form.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am looking for a formal message from Adobe telling me they understand the issue and there's a timeline on when it will be fixed. No more run-around by random people on the internet.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We all understand your frustration. Probably all of us have been in the same situation at least once.

But "Adobe" can't understand this very specific issue on your computer unless they can replicate it. And it is a very specific issue on your computer. Over the years around "here", the number of seemingly bizarre things that have fixed odd behaviors is amazing.

From the classic OneDrive.dll file on Windows a couple versions back hitting only about 2% of the PCs, to sound cards or gaming assistants messing with sound to "enhance the gaming experience" that mucked up Premiere ... to all sorts of other conflicts with hardware or software.

Speaking of which ... have you tried setting the audio pref for Default Input to none? That has actually fixed odd playback at times. Worth a shot at least.

And neither Warren nor I are "random people on the internet" ... we've both solved issues the engineers were struggling with. Numerous times. I've a very good relationship with a number of the engineers and supers that I've met in person several times for lengthy discussions.

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I truly do appreciate the amount of help you have given!

I just wish I could talk directly to someone. Do they need any Code from my computer or anything? I will literally get on a screen shared meeting with an Adobe Engineer so they can test it out on my actual computer. Like, I shouldn't have to go through something so invasive to get an answer, but at this point it's something that has affected my workflow and work in general. It's not just a convenience issue for me. It's an issue that is making me switch programs. I've been using this program for over 10 years. This was the last straw. Even if im not using Premiere anymore, It's occupied such a large part of my brain for Months and Months. I need answers.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a number of cases ... including a couple current threads on other issues ... where the devs have popped in and asked for a project file to test on their systems. That is possible, though it isn't all that common.

@mattchristensen  ... is there anything you might see in this issue to help with?

Neil

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Engineering is at IBC or traveling home. Some take a vacation after IBC too. I would not expect a response here, at least any time soon. Sorry.

My suggestion is to contact our agents via chat. You can ask for a call there and they will speak with you and do a screen share: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  I'm getting exceptional performance on an Mac mini M1, 13-inch MacBook Pro M1 , and 16-inch MacBook Pro M1 Max.  At times I also work on a iMac Pro (2017) and 2019 Mac Pro as well as two Windows machines.  Issues come up, but none of them prevent me from meeting delivery deadlines.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No trouble here either on both my Intel and M1 MacBook Pros. I'm running 12.5.1 and 12.6, respectively.

Kevin

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines