• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I love Premiere, but this is outrageous ...

Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Adobe, for still not fixing this unbelievable C200 workflow in your latest update. Other big problems like fixing the Black Magic file workflow still are not solved either. It's hard to work professionally under these given circumstances, everything takes ages and workarounds which makes you lose credit with your client.

Just wanted to let you know I'll switch to Da Vinci Resolve for future projects and skip my Adobe subscription because though I love your product, I cannot afford losing jobs because of some unability to fix some basic problems.

Best

Phil

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the same boat.  Premiere Pro doesn't handle CinemaDNG correctly.  Thankfully, Resolve handles it brilliantly, and you can get a perpetual license for half the cost of Adobe's annual subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is: Why Adobe after all this success is not reacting in a professional manner towards customers demands? I love Adobe too but cannot accept their way of handling business,

Ashraf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2018 Jan 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you may have to follow suit and do business with a company whose product suits your needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At this moment no need. Who knows!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Working with premiere on a daily basis for some years now I experince similar unconvinient issues. I do not have to work with premieres most recent and sophisticated additions but what I experince are highly visibale ups and downs in stability with standard implemaentations like transitions or export.

"Please make premiere rock solid!" is my most common answer to their feedback window. And really: Premiere 2017.2 didn't crash a single time (even on an effect which usually caused crashes everytime in the way I used it). And normally I would stick to a stable version like this. But then I was forced to install Premiere CC 2018 as I had to help out a colleague who just started to work with premiere. I actually also was a bit curiouse about the improved title tool. But I'm sorry I have to say: it all went down again. Premiere already crashed several times on the same highly specced out PC I was using Premiere 2017.2 successfully on. Also producing a serriouse bug at the may not easy but standard job to render a preset dissolve transition to a title when rendering with GPU acceleration on (the bug here is, that the titlearea appears black for one or two frames which negates the advantage of GPU accerlartion completely at least for rendering; see below).

Title bug_premiere.jpg

(BTW: The transition of the videos in the backgorund is not the point here and does not contribute to the bug; it is just coincidence)

The worst part is: I can handle those bugs, as I got used to it over the years. But I have trouble to handle rageful colleagues which I won over to premiere. Moreover how can I convince my boss to have premiere as our house editing software when someone justifiably complains that it doesn't run stable on the standard jobs and produces bugs on standard jobs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The question is: Why Adobe after all this success is not reacting in a professional manner towards customers demands?

Adobe has us as subscribers so why put resources on fixing things when the subscribers money flows in no matter what?

The thing that bugs me most now is how Premiere Pro handles transparency with GPU Acceleration enabled and when the Sequence Settings is set to it´s default "Composite in Linear Color..." and that the issue is never fixed or properly answered and explained by Adobe. There has been versions when transitions worked as one expect them to when GPU Acceleration was enabled. It must be embarrising for Adobe when third party companies releases free transitions to deal with this very issue. (Google Impact Dissolve and look at the video on Vimeo.)

Since the Captions feature is still flakey and since i want my text in the middle of the black background i decided to make my captions in After Effects. The black background is semi-transparent in AE and looked good against the background. I exported it from After Effects as a .psd file and when i imported it into Premiere Pro i did notice that the background of the text looked very different to what it did in After Effects. Going to the Sequence Settings in Premiere Pro and disable "Composite in Linear Color..." fixed the issue. (Look at the image below.)

But, since "Composite in Linear Color..." is enabled by default it is mind blowing that transitions in some situations looks bad and that captions created in either After Effects or Photoshop look different in Premiere Pro. I did know how to fix it but what about all the people who is new to Premiere Pro? It is very frustrating to create something in an Adobe app that will look totally different in another Adobe app.

titling.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let their team know how we feel here.

Thanks,

A dude

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for updating the thread. Yes, the feedback location has changed.

Regards,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

the only answer to this discussion / statement is,

that you can report the bugs now where else.

You / you just do not understand it!

We want answers.

We want you to work.

We want the products to get better.

We do not want to throw bug's in a pot for you,

We want to hear that you understand and act

After all, we also pay your money regularly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2018 Jun 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Charles,
I'm not a developer, so all complaints about the product must be made to them. I'm in more of a reactive role as manager of support in trying to fix problems with existing issues and misunderstandings, especially those on these forums. Those are the "answers" I'm focused on.

I think you need to be talking to the "mechanics" (devs) who can actually fix things you are having trouble with. I'm not one who can actually fix bugs or anything like that. The way you do that best is to file a complaint on the user voice site. Sorry, but that's the best answer I can give.

Thank you for understanding.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 29, 2018 Jun 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I understand, Kevin-Monahan, that you are not the one to change program issues. But I also know how companies work. There are meetings. People give feedback - and you are one of them. You can raise your voice - and I'm sure you already did - about what people are complaining and what may serves your company best. And I know that single people, if they really want, can cause a change to a companies principles in this way. A good argument that program stability should be one if not the first principle is that it attracts and HOLDS people in the mid and long term more than anything else. Quite apart from showing appreciation to customers who stayed loyal to your company for years - dependent or idependently.

In our house we have a freelance editor who worked for major production companies in Germany since the nineties. In all those years he compiled an opinion about several editing systems based on his experience and the professionals he was working with. And guess what the reputation under those professionals was upon Premiere? Unreliable! This is why he changed to Edius when Avid stopped going with the times years ago. He recently had to changed to Premiere anyway so we can work together more effectively but I tell you: the day he will start complaining is near and I'm the one who has to take responibility for it for I forced Premiere to be our house editing software.

I feel: if you can make premiere not only the most innovative but also the most stable program on the market it is not only a good thing for your customers, who use your program on a DAILY basis, but also to your company. Because if you can convince professionals the rest will swap over more easily. Otherwise DavinciResolve will resolve problems for many people more in near future. It already began...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2017 Dec 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m in the same situation. I’m editing several Canon Raw Light projects at the moment and, until Premhere can handle .CRM files, I’m using Resolve as my primary NLE. I love Premiere, but the inability to handle .CRM files natively has addded a ton of time to my workflow when editing with Premeire. If an update for .CRM files doesn’t come out before my  Adobe subscription renews I’ll likely cancel it as well. Please don’t make me do this, I love you guys!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines