• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to vent my disatisfaction!

New Here ,
May 09, 2019 May 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just completed editing a massive 93 minute 4k documentary. I spent days trying to output the project for color grading using the project manager. It is so inadequate. Error after Error notification every time I tried it. Spent hours reading forums where other poor editors faced the same dilemma. I do not think I will ever use Premiere again on a project of this size. I'm switching over to Avid. You have to fix this. There has to be a way of eliminating proxies, and describing the specific errors. I was forced to look at every clip and find the 3 that my assistant had used an ampersand in. I am unbelievably frustrated. Good by Premiere. [edited by moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

aaronw17995161  wrote

I was forced to look at every clip and find the 3 that my assistant had used an ampersand in.

It is bad practice to use an ampersand in any file name in any application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

gee thanks Peru Bob....go tell my assistant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 13, 2019 May 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Maybe as that person's boss you should be preparing them and advising them of best practices? Establishing naming conventions? Etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines