• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I wish my name was Randy Ubillos the creator of Premiere

Enthusiast ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish my name was Randy Ubillos the creator of Premiere.  I think that he moved over to Apple and created Final Cut Pro.  One of the problems with any video editing programs are the variations of computer hardware.  This has been a problem for Davinci Resolve

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

He did move to Apple but he could still visits the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know you are just kidding. I know Randy. He's a friend and former neighbor of mine. Believe me. He has better things to do than to troll Adobe forums. He's retired and traveling everywhere under the sun with his partner. Lovely man.

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Michael,

Actually, he developed Final Cut Pro (then called Key Grip) while working at Macromedia along with Michael Wohl. After Final Cut Pro, Randy developed iMovie, then Final Cut Pro X. He worked a bit on Aperture too. Then, he retired. I used to see him all the time in Russian Hill in San Francisco when I lived near him. I worked with Randy as an internal contractor at Apple on 2 versions of Final Cut Pro.

BTW, Michael is directly responsible for my working at Adobe. He recommended me to my 1st manager, who hired me back in 2010.

We are all connected to each other in strange and interesting ways.

Cheers. 
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines