• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If you really wanted to help your editors who have TONS of older codec material

Participant ,
Feb 02, 2021 Feb 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you really wanted to help your editors who have TONS of older codec material that needs converting then you would give the option to 'convert on import' or at the very least let it be imported and then convert via Media Encoder in the same way the you have set up the proxy convertions - so it is obviously POSSIBLE and tghe idea that it's all Apple's fault for changing it is not true - Adobe you can sort this to make it more convienient. At the very lweast just suggest a no loss Codec for use in PP 2020 to which the 32 bit Mov must be converted - the best one. What you don't get is that big editing jobs are very labour intensive and any fiddling adds hours and days to the process. Personally I don't care what's under the bonnet I just need to get on with the job - so give us one simple, convienient solution. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You would think that Media encoder 2020 would let you import any format for convertion - not so. It takes a FREE programme to convert the media, MPEG Streamclip - the one I pay about £50 a month for can't do it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please don't put 'solved' on this thread Adobe - 'weasled our way out of' or 'passed the buck from Apple' would be more accurate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines