• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import ERROR of .MOV Files - TIRED OF BUGS - MAY LOSE CUSTOMER!

New Here ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe,

I am a paying customer that is becoming increasingly tired of the bugs that you fail to test out before an update is released and it in turn costs your customers their time and their money on projects. You are at risk of losing many customers on here with so many neglected and serious bugs.

How can you not already have an update for something as simple and yet crucial as importing image sequences (especially DPX sequences) and .MOV files with codecs like H.264, JPEG2000, and Animation? All of this worked in earlier versions, and now it doesn't?

I have contacted customer support about this several times and all I hear is "try an older version" or "we are working on it and have no estimate as to when an update can be released". I have tried older versions and it does not help me since NONE of the project files that have been saved in recent versions of your software is backwards compatible. So I end up being stuck losing project files that I work on, not being able to import, edit, or transcode media, and unable to do my job.

Still no update on what I contacted support about yet.

So why should any of us stay with Adobe, paying for software that is supposed to be tested before it is released and service that we are not really getting, if you guys can't take this seriously enough?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2018 May 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

NO question that what troubles you're having are painful. But I'm still curious why you can't work in say 2017 until this gets hashed for those who are having this trouble. You can't open a whole project backwards, but if you're having so much trouble in 2018 I don't know why you started past the third project there.

Yea, I've had releases where I had to stay with the older version for several months because a bug in the newest release hammered my workflow. But I still got the work out. In fact, I normally have 3 versions of PrPro installed as I tend to keep older projects in their original build series.

One thing that might help with the projects you've done in PrPro 2018 is to export an XML file out, importing that into the 2017 version. You'd at least get your cuts there.

And again, no question about your troubles ... and full sympathy. Especially at feeling a need to rant, which I certainly have done a number of times. But in general, this release has had fewer major bugs than previous ones, so ... in general, I think the progress is good. Which is NOT to say that some haven't been hammered.

When this first came out, I had a couple days struggling with the workspaces not keeping my custom ones 'up' on the bar. Finally got that sorted on my machine. Past that, it's a very useful build for me. Hoping you can get relief soon, and in the meantime, use 2017 to just keep at work.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 11, 2018 Jun 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Da Vinci Resolve is your solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines