• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

It would've been nice to have a warning

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It would've been nice to have a warning that I would be losing functionality when running an update. I'm running Windows 7, still supported by Microsoft. The only answer seems to be update to Windows 8+ or buy a 3rd party plug-in for $350.

Oh well, Adobe gets to save their licensing fees since I can't even downgrade to v.2017. Something that was completely functional is now dead after spending thousands of dollars on their software.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 05, 2017 Dec 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll just comment that there's two companies involved here, Adobe (as the company that bought something) and Dolby Laboratories (as the company that sold Adobe the stuff) ... and as neither one is saying a word publicly, I would guess from my 40 years in business there's guys in spendy grey suits involved. Guys with no humor.

So complain away ... that change was a royal mess for so many users! ... but I'd suggest complaining about both companies. As it seems likely that was the "issue" ... something got wonky between them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Another possible answer is to roll back the state of applications installed on your machine to the time before you upgraded to CC 2018 and CC 2017 was removed.

On a PC you would use Windows Restore, and on a Mac you would use Apple's Time Machine.

(Or restore/re-image your drive from a system backup, if you have a recent one.)

Some customers are also using Handbrake (a free open-source video transcoder) as a option to transcode their MTS/AC3 files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines