• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Last DVD

Community Expert ,
Jun 26, 2022 Jun 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just produced, what I hope, is my last dvd. All my work will now be put on USB stick. Unfortunately my main video cameras (Sony EX1r and PMW320) are interlaced so I have been experimenting with the best way to convert to progressive. The cameras will do HD at 24 and 25P but I hate this low frame look on movement and as most of my work is dance shows working at 50P looks bettter. The two methods I have tried is a 25i sequence then exporting at 50P and a 50P sequence again exporting at 50P. On the camera material I can see no difference but any logo animation or credit roller look better with the 50P sequence. Also working at this higher framerate gives you the option to sync audio tracks closer without switching to Audio Time Units.

It will be sad to not use Encore, I have found it to be very stable even with Windows 11 and its linking to Photoshop CS6 always worked fine.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like you I miss Encore.

Next you'll have me reminiscing about VHS and Betamax to say nothing of Philips audio cassettes 😉

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I won't miss is the hours it takes to do the menu and artwork that goes with a dvd, then watching it through, finding a mistake, then doing it all again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a shame nothing has replaced a dvd at the same duplication costs, my usb sticks are about five times more expensive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your USB sticks for back up or for distribution?

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They're for distrubtion. I looked at offering a cloud download but sorting out the music licence for non physical media seemed impossible here in the UK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Funnily enough I was looking at this recently and came across this:

https://www.tooltester.com/en/blog/sell-digital-downloads/

Perhaps of use?

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just started my first project with a 50P timeline and the 25i material will not play smoothly, I had to convert the files to 50P prores using media encoder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines