• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Like always, taking it's right to manage our life.

Contributor ,
Jan 20, 2018 Jan 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops!... I Did It Again... (by Adobe Spears)

Our "beloved" Adobe did it again. Like always, taking it's right to manage our life. I curse the day I opted for CC insted of buying discounted CS6. This is living hell. So many years of constant changes, numerosu broken worklflows, updating filters which worked just ok before, days combined of searching help for uknown behaviour of programs, inventing the whell for workarounds, ... well - thank you GREEDY Adobe.

Before CC you have to pay fee to Dolby per each licence (of Premiere) sold and collect money for that licence only once. So you had to be profitable on each sell. But now you collect money EACH MONTH for very same software... and it is still not enough? Billions of income is not enough to pay pennies per user to Dolby?

This is pure nonchalance toward long term users.

But let's facit... each time we update, we KNOW something will be broken, we just do not know what, since they do not document. We know it will be some new bugs introduced, some new stupid feature, and more rounded buttons, and even more bland interface. We all know it, but we still hope one day they might surprise us and make software for US, not them!

We invested decade or more time and money into this ecosystem and they know it. But thank God, competition is breathing it's neck. Lightroom is already downfall. Premiere and Audition next...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 21, 2018 Jan 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Our "beloved" Adobe did it again. Like always, taking it's right to manage our life."

Adobe wasn't always like that, it was one of the greatest successful companies. The problems started with this brilliant idea which was against most Adobe users to rent their software instead of selling perpetual licenses. Lately, I was not happy with Adobe's customer support staff but since most of them are in fact nice and helpful, this fall down in customer satisfaction is all about the policy makers in Adobe. They are continuously pissing off most of the users. Why don't you try Davinci Resolve 14? It is a very powerful editing and color grading program. They sell their perpetual software for only $299 (Davinci Resolve Studio 14) You can work for a while with their free version which lacks some plug-ins but still not bad at all. Davinci Resolve 14 renders faster than Premiere Pro CC 2018, no software can beat it's color grading. You'll be amazed if you decide to try it. NB. If Adobe re-offer perpetual licenses for their products I will be the first to buy PrPro & AE because I got used to them for years and I didn't want to switch to Davinci Resolve or Avid but I had to. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines