Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make The Cut Still Uploading and it's Past Midnight

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All!

So after a week of nonstop editing, I finally finished my edit for Make The Cut, and I was beyond excited to submit it. Now after almost an hour past submitting it, the upload still has the spinning uploading icon, and it's past midnight, which was the deadline for submission.  I'm very worried, as not only do I not want my days of work to go to waste, but I was really looking forward to seeing how my edit stacked up against everyone else's.

If I submitted before midnight, will it still go through? And if not, is there a secondary way I can get this to who it needs to go to?

Thanks,

Josh Miller

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Hi, We are reviewing challenges for a small group of users in uploading by the deadline and will respond to those who have already emailed us in the next 24-48 hours. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jerwinvillanueva,

I receive same exact email, it's heartbreaking I thought we have a chance after they respond about the 24-48hour thing. Our efforts turned into waste,  I'm still hoping that they'll reconsider ,since they are also at fault for having a unresponsive site. Also, we don't have any clue if our uploaf is progressing, no upload percentage or something.

Very disappointing news, indeed. I agree that a progress bar would be a cool idea. I'll mention that to the contest providers. Sorry for the letdown.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JohnBond,

Unfortunately, we are not legally able to accept late entries to be judged as part of the competition

Well, that's disappointing. Sorry to hear that. I will raise this issue with the marketing team to make sure that they know this issue has hurt a good chunk of our users. We should take some of the blame for not providing the tech for anyone that wanted to upload an entry. On behalf of Adobe, I'm sorry we didn't have the foresight to see that this was going to occur.

Though there a limitation to flooding any server with data all at one time, perhaps some additional services can be purchased next time to avoid this bottleneck that cost a good number of people their entry.

I wish there was more I could do. At the very least, I'll advocate on your behalf to see if this problem could be avoided for future contests.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately I received the same response. All the same, I entered the competition to receive critique to become a better editor, and in this regard at least, I can still accomplish my goal.

If everyone who has posted here could take 5 minutes of time to watch my edit and leave critique and feedback, it would be greatly appreciated. I will gladly do the same for anyone who would also like to post theirs.

You can view my video at this link Imagine Dragons Believer - Adobe Make the Cut Submission - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

My cut would have been top 25 at least

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikhail, you got robbed. That is by far the best use of motion graphics in any edit I've seen. Thank you for sharing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know bud, Im sure if they even cared to check out my cut, the'd let me compete... but they just dont give a — and sent the same decline email to everyone who had server problems

Mod note: Warning 1. Do not use profanity on our forums. Refer to our community guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't change your title.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mikhailz yours is very good, I'd already actually commented on youtube, but there's no need to be so big headed - you do realise that THOUSANDS have entered, you've only had a hundred or so to compare to on youtube and most of the ones uploaded are from people who couldn't enter for various reasons. Also, you're not the only one that put a heap of effort in, I rotoscoped half the footage which took forever, but in the end we aren't being judged on our graphics ability, the edit is the main focus of the video, the graphics are just to make it stand out.

And in reply to Kevin, thank you for your understanding replies, I did email them at the time (in fact, 15 minutes before the deadline was up asking for help) and received the same response as everyone else here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, you killed it on the motion graphics spectrum. I envy your skills in that regard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks josh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines