Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Make the Cut - Uploading Issues

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I was recently trying to upload my video for the “Make the Cut” contest. I fill in all of the boxes; but it never fully submits, anyone have the same issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Sorry you’re having trouble! We've received the various file types from connections around the world, without issues, so there might be a problem with your computer or network. You might also try reloading the contest site or using a different browser. If that doesn't work, you might try a different computer in a different location, if you can get access to one.

In some cases we've already received your submission. Note that you will not receive an email confirmation. There will be a message in

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't had the time to even look at the media yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, i´m not sure what the yellow graphic below means. Maybe its uploading, but don´t show the percentage. I´ll give it a try and wait until tomorrow. And i have another question, where i have to upload the premiere pro file? Good luck to everyone, can´t wait to see all the different videos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having that trouble too but I noticed the file size has to be under 200 MB. This has led me down a new issue which is figuring out the right file format and codec to upload the video. So far using adobe encoder it's been difficult encoding to any file to a size under 200 MB without it coming out all grainy and pixelated. I thought maybe they're trying to keep the file size low because of the many entries but does that mean my entry wil be a Low Def version thats being judged?

~ Still confused but working on it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure you already figured this out, but here are som reliable seting I used.  Render out of Premiere Pro as Prores HQ, then transscode in Media Encoder.  I was able to get my file size to come it at 192MB and it still looks great.  1080p, 23.976, H.264, High Profile, Level 4.2, Two pass VBR, Target bitrate 7Mbps, Max bitrate 14Mbps.  Maybe this will help some people who are stuck on the last step and stressing over todays deadline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

clarec

you have to wait, the yellow pic(with the curved arrows) means uploading. But i´m still confused, where i have to upload the premiere pro file? I send it to the support mail, just in case. But i would feel better when an official Adobe employee answer this question. Thanks in advance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The support send me a mail. Maybe there are some more people who are confused about the premiere file, so i write down here what the support says. They will contact you if you are one of the finalists and ask for the file. Happy editing to everyone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much for posting this! I also didn't upload my Premiere file, because I didn't see a place for it on the submission form, and I was very worried!

So the support email said that if you didn't upload the Premiere file with your video, and your video is a finalist, they will contact you and ask for the Premiere file?

Thank you!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recall reading a Facebook post, where someone was having difficulty also, and found that he was able to successfully upload it by using Safari on a mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry you’re having trouble! We've received the various file types from connections around the world, without issues, so there might be a problem with your computer or network. You might also try reloading the contest site or using a different browser. If that doesn't work, you might try a different computer in a different location, if you can get access to one.

In some cases we've already received your submission. Note that you will not receive an email confirmation. There will be a message in your browser when you successfully submit your file. If you try again, and the entry was already received, you will get a message letting you know that you already entered.

If you'd like to confirm you can email us at adobemakethecut@gmail.com and we can confirm receipt.

Thanks for participating and good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, We are reviewing challenges for a small group of users in uploading by the deadline and will respond to those who have already emailed us in the next 24-48 hours. Stay tuned!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ours did upload successfully after we tried on a second computer. Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines