Exit

OMG!

Participant ,
Sep 15, 2019 Sep 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What have you done, Adobe? 

And why? 

All those useful threads, bookmarked... Lost. No way to restrict searches to the AE SDK forum. 

Please tell me there is a way back!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know :'( I should have pumped that forum when they announced it. I guess I trusted them 😜

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to restrict searches, but maybe filtering might help?

Annotation 2019-09-16 095032.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 16, 2019 Sep 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no "SDK forum" anymore. All the sub-topics on the old Jive site have been killed, now people are supposed to add "tags" to each message to identify what they're talking about. Hardly anyone will of course, and the search in L1thium* is an absolute joke. All the languages have been merged too, so get used to pages of useless text floating in an ocean of white space.

No, there's no going back. The suits in Adobe made a purchasing decision, and the suits never admit mistakes. I expect the serious conversations will move elsewhere; guess the After Effects subreddits will see some action in the coming weeks 😉

*The forum platform is named after a chemical element, but they've censored the word. Go figure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know another place / forum / space for those useful conversations? or should we start one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I love that they've censored the word â„’ithium. Open and transparent much?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know another place / forum / space for those useful conversations?
Or should we start one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stackexchange is a good place for programming questions in general, but there isn't a lot of traffic related to the AE SDK there. That could change. There's also a video production stack exchange site whci isn't totally relevant for programming questions. Maybe the best bet would be to start an After Effects development SE site?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
The not being able to filter searches is the nail in the coffin for me. Perhaps a subreddit would be good if in the future adobe don't add the ability to filter a search.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines