• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 24.4.1 update has introduced a lot of usability headaches for my team

Explorer ,
May 31, 2024 May 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This update has introduced a lot of usability headaches for my team. The FX badge changes are nice in theory, but it changes something that has been a long-running feature in premiere. No longer can you tell what kind of effect has been added to a clip by simply glancing at the color of the FX badge, now it's either on or off and the info is gone. Additionally, the FX badge now is a button which causes issues with smaller clips since any click on the badge takes you to the effect controls menu even if you are clicking and dragging. I already have a small area to click on for smaller clips due to the handle shortcuts at the edge of each clip, so now there's even less space. Alternatively you can turn off the badges, but now I can't see what clips have effects, so what's the point?

For some reason that isn't documented on here, the sizing of the video and audio tracks was changed. By default they're very large, almost twice as large as default before. Sizing them down makes them smaller than they were in the prior versions. This is just a headache as I've gotten used to my workspace and now have to resize everything and reduce the size of my project panel to compensate, while still not being able to see as much as I did before. 

The default new colors are...I'm sorry they're horrible. Brown and yellow are almost the same poop-looking shade of brown and I'm not sure how so many similar looking colors were approved for labels that should be visually striking and easy to see differences in shades. 

Finally, the waveform changes seem to not be working to me, as all of my mono waveforms are now just shrunken to the bottom of the clip. Loud clips barely look any different from quiet ones. 

It's really frustrating to have these new changes forced on us without leaving options for legacy users for most of it. I'm still salty about the export menu changes and how it's slowed down exporting substantially as well as introducing multi-monitor issues that I've reported on here before that have never been fixed. It's getting to the point where the usability of the program is being effected so much I'm incling to start learning other software. 

Mod notes: Branched from the New Features Announcement. A new title was created.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2024 Jun 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, exactly this! I welcome the new features but can't understand the need to change the colors and the features that was working well. I am editing my first video since the update and find it to be super annoying and responding in a unstable manner. Trying to select several clips to move them is glitchy, and it will deselect them so I have to try and select the again. Adobe, please revert back to the previous version until you have a more stabe and user tested version available. This release seems a bit premature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2024 Jun 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn't agree more. The color changes are weird, but fine, since we can easily switch back to the old ones via settings.

The default timeline track height is a much more significant issue, since that's not something we can change in settings whatsoever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 03, 2024 Jun 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @KarthXLR,

Thanks for the message in the New Features article. I moved your post for an off-topic discussion here.

In the future, I would advise searching the forum for your issues before posting, as these have all been discussed at length elsewhere over the past few weeks. Feel free to upvote or comment on those discussions, bug reports, or feature requests (ideas). As I requested in the intro for the New Features article, please create a new post for any bug reports and not within the article. I am sorry you did not see that.

The New Features article is probably not the best place to discuss problems for the product team to read anyway. A better place is on the Bugs or Ideas forums, which the product team engages in. The product team does not engage in posts on the Discussions forum. Sorry if you were not aware of that.

I hope the team can address your issues, though.

Take Care,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2024 Jun 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree with the timeline heights being a massive issue. You'd think they'd collaborate more with the community on these features given how much they charge us every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nick28640325s54q 

Collaboration with the community happens here (several months before any feature makes it the release version):

Adobe Community Forums > Premiere Pro (Beta)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't agree more. Also, I use an enable disable shortcut in my workflow, which would be 100% responsive before when having a clip selected but for some reason now I have to click the clip even if I have it selected with the playhead.

And yes, the FX button makes it incredibly annoying when grabbing short clips with a zoomed-out timeline. Now I have to do an extra zoom to be able to grab the clip.  The whole thing seems more laggy to me. I'm going back to the previous version until this is addressed. I hope I don't have to wait years.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here to vent my frustrations. Overnight my premiere updated to this horrific looking and feeling version.

I can't tell when audio is peaking as the waveforms dont reach the top of the channel (literally just wasting space), i cant tell which clips i have graded as i cant see any difference in the FX button. New colours are foul and i cant even seem to be able to make them go back to the old ones.

Will be using 2023 for the forseeable and eventually looking to change platform. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've encountered the same issues!

The timeline height gets adjusted arbitrarily, making it hard for me to quickly browse through different layers (I only have a 23-inch monitor).

Video and audio transitions have become extremely difficult to select! I have to click multiple times to accurately choose the transition I want to adjust.

The color scheme has been modified without consent, making colors look almost identical, and the actual colors don't match the label colors. While I can manually adjust them, why are these bizarre changes being made in the first place?

The update has truly brought a lot of inconvenience and frustration, despite claims of maintaining interaction with the community. Perhaps you should consider expanding more ways to listen to user feedback rather than seemingly enjoying making changes on your own.

(Translated using ChatGPT. Please excuse any inaccuracies.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 20, 2024 Jun 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Bing#78 

If you're interested, this is from the Premeire Pro public beta page:

"Help us to make the next releases of Premiere Pro our best yet.

Submit feature requests, view, track, and vote for issues or feature requests using our Beta support community."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines