Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2011 Apr 10, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 15, 2011 Apr 15, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Windows 7 is really nice. Vista was scrap. But before we had XP, Windows 2000, NT4... What was before, we forget because it was never a real operating system, only an ad-on for DOS. NT3.X was the beta for NT4.

And all that time, Apple kept their users happy... (well not quite, because they had also their ME and Vista disasters).

L.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and I forgot to mention: most of my contractors are computer illitrate. I understand the "under the hood" things. But most of them want a solution where they push the button and of they are...

...owning a iPhone, I'm really pissed of that they do no flash, but it's the best smart phone I owned until now. But I have to say, that when I acquired my phone, ANdroid and Windows7 where not out yet...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 14, 2011 Apr 14, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having turned into a PrPro vs FCP thread, the Lounge is a better place for this, where there is something to whet your whistle between posts, and  nourishment in the form of that green stuff to keep you on top of your  game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been busy at NAB, and I just got back to the forum now for the first time in a week. I see that folks have pointed to some of my posts already, but I want to get them all in one place for convenience:

Here are the details of what's new and changed for Premiere Pro CS5.5.

Here are the details of what's new and changed for After Effects CS5.5.

Here are the details of what's new and changed for Adobe Media Encoder CS5.5.

Also, Audition CS5.5 is in the suite. No more Soundbooth.

If you go to these posts and then follow the links in them for more details, I think that all of your questions about the details of the new and changed features will be answered. If not, let me know, and I'll answer them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good addition!

Now, if only you could get sober, after a week in "sin city."

When you get a moment, please do not hesitate to share some of the neat stuff from NAB, that might be out of the Adobe realm. I have yet to talk to my producer buddies, who went, but most did so, just to dine at Joël Robuchon's, or Guy Savoy's, and seldom have much to offer, beyond reflections on the company's expensed wine list... Getting the poop from a real technical person might be interesting. Surely you saw something beyond the Adobe booth?

Glad to have you back,

Hunt

PS - @ Jerry.K, good call - off to The Lounge! [Then Todd can offer a NAB overview, and feel comfortable.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why did a thread ( this one ) with 61 posts suddently break off into the same thread ?

just wondering why we can't keep the housekeeping to a minimum.  Very disappointing this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the discussion sort of "branched out," one of the MOD's decided that it was better located in The Lounge. If nothing else, it frees the respondents to follow their tangents. Though I do not get a vote, I can see how this would be a good choice, and I also think that more can benefit from the thread, so long as they find it here. Maybe more subscribers should drop by The Lounge. Though it IS tacky, and messy, there is often a lot of good discussion here - until RoboDog brings up "scary snakes."

On the Usenet, Godwin's Law is often applied to discussions. Boiled down to the basics, when any Usenet discussion turns to references to Hitler, or the Nazis, that discussion is dead. On the Adobe forums, it kind of works the same way. The post is uploaded, and responses come in. Much is accomplished, and then, at some point, tangential discussion arise. The "ice is getting thin." At some point, RoboDog will show up, mention "scary snakes," and the whole thread is moved to The Lounge. Jerry.K did so, before RoboDog found it, but we all knew what was about to happen. Maybe we need to codify "RoboDog's Law" for the Adobe Forums?

Do not let the location dissauade you from the discussion. It still has much merit. It still has material to pour over.

Best of all, someone poured out all of Jeff's Rolling Rock beer, so you do not have to deal with that...

Hunt

PS - a word to the wise - do not touch those greenish-blue fuzzy things. Only evil will come of such action.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>do not touch those greenish-blue fuzzy things

I've often wondered how some old cheese got to be so smelly... and then I saw I guy carrying stuff out of the back of the 'fridge and he was NOT going to the garbage can out back, he got in a truck with a "RD's gourmet cheese" sticker on the side

When did robodog start making cheese... and just what is IN that secret recipe?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It will be that Premiere CS 5.5 goes to surpass the Edius when to edit AVCHD and to give play in timeline.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2011 Apr 16, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Huh?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines