• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Prior app versions have been removed from Creative Cloud

Community Beginner ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's unacceptable, I already can't install premiere anymore without the 2015.4 and if I cancel my subscription they add a cancellation fee of 75€. Adobe, you MUST provide the service we are paying for, if you can't release it for whatever legal reason, adapt it and find a solution for your loyal customers. I can't believe this is happening!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 22, 2022 Aug 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is primarily a user-to-user forum, with volunteers like myself and others.

I can understand your feelings on this, but to get them to "Adobe", you need to go to perhaps the Account Payment & Plan forum or the Creative Cloud Services  forum to get to staffers with such a concern.

Best wishes ...

Neil   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care, there's no answer from Adobe, they don't anything, if you don't like the comment, ignore it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 20, 2022 Sep 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Again, I sympathize entirely with you, but posting about it here doesn't do squat. No one from Adobe who has any say whatever will see your post here.

Post on their UserVoice and probably in the Creative Cloud forum, which both get supervision from Adobe staffers who would be high enough to matter.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not acceptable.  I promote Creative Cloud benefits in classes espousing the backwards version compatibility.  I also have enterprise clients who still run CC2014 so I need to install that version for training purposes.  I would like at least  viable CC2014 and CC2015 versions reinstated too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue for me is we can only use 2015.3 of Premiere because Adobe broke the handing of 708 closed captioning when using mcc files.

Also there are older version still available to download and you can even get CS6 which has dolby ac3 encoder and Encore.

Like many other people it is not an issue of not moving forward, which I would gladly do, if Adobe would fix mcc import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is intolerable. My office is standardised on After Effects 2015.3 to maintain compatibility, and now that Adobe has removed the direct download link for it I can only install the version prior or the version after onto my new PC ... why? There is no path backwards in After Effects, so this move leaves me completely incompatible with my team, or forces an unwanted upgrade to 2017 onto everyone else in our team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to ADOBE:

WHY YOU REMOVE THE DOWNLOAD? IT IS NONSENSE! WE ACTUALLY NEED OLDER VERSION FOR SOME ENTERPRISE CLIENTS!

GIVE US BACK THE OLD VERSION DOWNLOAD!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredibly, these versions are not even available to Enterprise clients anymore... They have also been completely expunged from the Creative Cloud Packager and all admin tools.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you can't build an installer package for those CC versions, then you can't build the uninstaller package either! Enterprise admins are going to have a splendid time.

Seems Adobe has decided that everything they did prior to 2017 is to be whitewashed from history. You were mistaken in believing that you ever saw it. Look into the little red light.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2018 Jan 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unacceptable! I am working on a feature film that has been in editing for almost a year now. We chose Premiere CC 2015 10.4 because it was the most stable version of the program at the time.

We do not want to upgrade an entire 130 minute film with incredible amounts of offline keyframing, filters, speed ramps, etc. Absolutely under no circumstances should we have to update to an entirely new version of the Premiere, as it literally has to translate the entire sequence and there is no guarantee something will not be changed (I know I had a lot of issues doing an upgrade with a smaller project from 2015 to 2017.)

Please fix this immediately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2018 Jan 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Provided you have not updated then just ignore the "new version available" prompts and carry on using CC2015. Adobe had not (yet) remotely disabled that version.

If you need to "install" CC2015 on another computer then currently the only option is if you already have another computer running it - in which case you can do it the hard way by mirroring the operating system partition to the new PC and re-activating everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely under no circumstances should we have to update to an entirely new version of the Premiere

The only circumstance in which you'd have to is with a new or reinstall of PP.  The version you currently use is simply no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the discs for Production Premium CC5, CC 5.5 and CS6 and guess I will have to stick with CS6 in this PC's Win7 partition.  All the XAVC material is being transcoded to MXF.  PPRO CC2018 does not play nicely with BCC11 and locks up all too frequently.  I cannot rip DVDs customers give me as video source but Sony Vegas 13 does it no problem.  Not being able to revert to CC 2015.4 really does p**s me off but thankfully I have CC 2015.4 on the other editing PC.  It is a shame we lost access to the earlier versions but worst case scenario I reckon we can go back to AVID MC if somehow Adobe manages to disable CC 2015 for me.  I called BorisFX about the BCC11 issue with Premiere Pro CC2018 and was told it is a known problem Adobe is working on.  Right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 2014.2, 2015.3 and 2018 all on the same two machines and under Windows 7.  I have no issues with MXF media and so far, past projects from older versions open and play nicely in 2018.  In a few years I believe that there will be much bigger changes coming as the entire PC paradigm yields to mobile devices and we go cloud based, entirely.  My first PC was a dumb terminal connected to an IBM mainframe.  We've come full circle.  Imagine that.

Regarding your copies on disk.  Those may no longer work either as the license servers were also taken down before all this.  To Adobes defense, they do provide reconfigured version that will work off of a valid license.  I have already done this using CS3 to resurrect a few cherished projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guess we will be mighty careful with the editing PCs.  Almost all our footage is shot with PDW 700 & PDW 800 XDCAM HD 50 422.  CS6  always edited the MXF perfectly.  It is the XAVC 4K and HD MXF that causes grief - CS6 won't ingest it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  CS3 and CS6 were good versions.  I come from the old school (video toasters and avid) were software and hardware were proprietary.  Configurations were simple.  Upgrades were unheard of or performed by service techs.  They were only used for production: no internet, games or office apps.  Nothing else was installed on them.

These days, armed with an image file to fall back on, it's not as risky to try out updates.  What is risky is leaving auto update checked and apply updates without reading up on the changes, etc.  Then blaming the vendor.

Lots of folks like to blame Adobe.  However, they have to create software that will run on a wide gamut of gear.  With users whom really don't know the inner workings of their systems.  That's not a fun place to be.  When I dumped my last Video Toaster to switch to Adobe.  I found out that they and many other vendors were using Dell Precisions with newly introduced Xeon processors.  Bingo.  Hardware problem solved.  That was 15 years ago, I'm on my 5th machine now.  I deviated only once to a BOXX 7400 with Opteron AMD, what mess that was.  I dumped it for another Dell.

Personally, I own refurbished Dell Workstations that I configure for myself.  These run surprising well and off lease units are dirt cheap.  I had a 420 that wouldn't die, it ran for 12 years straight. 

Sadly, I see the demise of the PC market itself.  Mobile is coming into play.  I wouldn't be surprised to see the likes of Verizon stocking Monitors and keyboards on their shelves.  No more configuring or building custom units.  Of course, we'll be back to proprietary hardware and software.  Everything will be cloud based. 

There is a shining light in all this:  Modularity.  On a whim I bought a Moto Z2 Force phone and many of the Mods.  It's an awesome concept, if it catches on with other vendors with pro level tools and software.  That would be a win.

Breaks over.  Back to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2018 Aug 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is absolutely unacceptable. I agree with you Kuddlesnot​, how can you be expected to upgrade an entire feature film project to a new version. I agree with you, way too risky!

Adobe, please fix this ASAP. I'm now having to delay finishing off on a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Currently there are CS6, the first CC version, 2017.4 (after the removal of ac3 audio), and what, 2-3 versions of 2018 available.

You can have all of them simultaneously installed except only one version of the 12.x builds of 2018.

Any of the removed versions will work if already installed.

Which version are you needing?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need AME 2015.3.  I have PPCC 2015.3 but my AME 2015.3 that worked with it stopped working and I need to re-install it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ouch.

Stopped opening,  what did it stop doing?

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I try to queue anything in PPCC 2015.3 I get the error"

"Configuration Error

Please uninstall and re-install the product.

If this problem still occurs, please contact Adobe technical support for help, and mention the error code shown at the bottom of this screen.

Error: 1

http://www.adobe.com/support/"

Of course, re-install is impossible and Adobe technical support didn't.....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2018 Aug 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've brought a couple 2015.3 era projects into the 12.x of the 2018 builds.

BEFORE installing a newer version,  copy your older version Program folder contents to another location. Then when telling the CC desktop app to upgrade, in the dialogue box that pops up,  check the box to get the "Advanced Options" displayed and un-check "remove previous versions".

This should keep 2015.3 still installed and usable on your rig.

Best way to try forward migration is:

1) make a copy of the older project file;

2) make a new project in the new version;

3) in the new version in Media Browser, navigate to the copy project file;

4) import all assets from that file;

5) test each sequence.

Some of the Lumetri things have changed so it may not see some LUTs or presets previously used. May need to redo parts of that work.

Some audio effects have also changed. One clip will be fine, next clip may need a touch to a rebuilt sound.

Lumetri in the newer version is vastly improved over the earlier version especially with the Comparison View and Apply Match shot-matching. And they do have officially approved locations for your own LUTs so they are shown in the browsing bar in both the Basic and Creative tabs.

It doesn't link to SpeedGrade but does recognize Sg work. Although one can still hack through, see my posts on this in the SpeedGrade forum.

The old Titler is still usable though you can't create templates in either 2017 or 2018. You can create title templates in an old version project and in the new version use the Media Browser to navigate to and import assets from the earlier project.

As you learn the Essential Graphics panel you will find some way cool things you can do and some amazing mogrt templates from Adobe stock including many free ones.

And some things easier to do in the old Titler.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't really notice a slowing down of Premiere Pro when items are encoding in the AME queue.  Or I can just stack them up there and then encode overnight or when I leave my work area for a while.  It is just much more efficient than the one-at-a-time and stop everything else while waiting without AME...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 21, 2018 Aug 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shortly after I started subscribing to PPCC with, as I recall, version 2015.3 Adobe came out with version 2015.4.  Silly me, I thought projects I previous versions could be brought forward.  After upgrading and replacing 2015.3 I discovered projects created in 2015.3 could NOT be opened in 2015.4 even though it was only ".1" different.  I could not believe it.  That caused me significant time and work to research, uninstall 2015.4, delete a bunch of Adobe files and re-install 2015.3.  Ever since, I have been hesitant to upgrade to newer versions.  However, following your suggestion, primarily to see if I could get a cooperating version of AME again, and careful to not remove anything, I installed PPCC 2018 and AME 2018.  With a gigantic sigh of relief, that all worked and I was able to load my 2015.3 projects into 2018 and queue to AME 2018.   So far, so good.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines