Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Question on Using Images ....

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm putting together some online courses that I plan to sell. I've purchased the licensing for stock and read the agreements, but I can't find a place that says if it's okay to use licensed images in the sale of online courses. Does anyone have any experience in this? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best option is to contact the stock house directly and ask them. They might have a different license you need if you plan on bundling the images with paid content. Nobody here will be able to give you the proper answer though without knowing what stock house you purchased from or what license you purchased. Contacting their support (or heck, even Tweeting them) will net you the safest answer and probably the quickest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

more than likely when you purchased the images you got an invoice or receipt which would usually include this info...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bought the stock stuff to use it means you bought the right to use it. Newspapers and TV stations and Movie productions routinely buy stuff like that and use it to sell newspapers, TV programs, and Movies.

🙂

use it and don't worry... you have the right.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TWT,

I don't believe you can use any of these sources as example footage for your "students" to play with, for example, however. You'd have to watermark it and get permission. I had to for a book I wrote, anyway.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2020 Feb 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Will the students be using the footage to edit or will they just be viewing your editing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines