• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Lumetri Color Eye Dropper Not Working - Only Picking Red

Advisor ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am going to eventually introduce you to a video online on how to use that color thing with resolve, and I pray you will ignore that fact that it is for resolve and just listen to the basics about what is going on re: color and tonality ( levels, wb, exposure, etc.... and basic colors , meaning primary and secondary and what rec 709 gives you ).  The only reason I don't have adobe beyond cs6 is because I refuse to let someone into my pocket ( I grew up in nyc and had a lot of locks on my doors and windows... and letting someone into my bank account was a non starter with adobe ).

But I understand a ton of people have a great program ( adobe ) with very affordable monthly fee, so again, please ignore the link describes resolve workflow and try to get the basic information and apply that to your particular problem.

first of all, I have that card and it's very shiny on the surface. It MUST be used in a way where there is NO reflection of light on that shiny surface... reflection is a thing you can see with your eye, so you turn the card slightly left, right, up, down, until you see the full card WITHOUT reflection. If you have reflection it just won't work.

Next.... there is a really smart man here in the forum who knows everything and he has assured me in the past that if he " MASKS" THE CARD ( seperates it from the rest of image ) and does an AUTO COLOR choice... it works like a miracle !  Maybe he will chime in here, I forgot his full name but his first name is Neil I think.

good luck

X-Rite Colorchecker Passport Video: Davinci Resolve's New Best Friend - YouTube

[Moderator note: this thread locked.]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen I've searched the forums and only find answers related to secondary monitors, or native monitors with scaling. I am only using the built in laptop monitor and at native resolution.

@salvo34 I am aware of the video, and the problems you mention are not relevant to to my issue, but perhaps for others who read this. Let's focus n my issue please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe @Kevin-Monahan , Mr. Mac-Dude, can help. He's a total Mac geek it seems to me ...

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil, please stop being so biased as it is sickening and contrary to adobe policy re: being a good program for both windows and macs. Many others before you showed up here had personal preferences re: what computers they used and it gets old after more than 20 years of this nonsense. You say resolve only exists to sell expensive equipment because you love your particular control panel. That's so dumb. Resolve, like avid and FCP are just other editing programs... so please get off your high horse. 

Also, unless you were lying to me a couple years ago re: using the x rite card, please explain to lay poster what you did to segregate that card from the rest of the footage ( mask ) and your auto color correction that you claimed WORKED.  If you were honest it might help him.

geez, what a forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Salvo,

Asking someone with specific knowledge of the Mac computers to pop in and help a Mac user ... is biased?

Don't know what you're smoking there, but that is simply trying to get someone with direct knowledge to help out a fellow user.

I just did a bunch of balancing media from multicamera shoots with a card yesterday and today, working fine. Exactly what this user is trying to do. And Premiere isn't working correctly on his rig. Which is why he was asking for help.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

neil, please don't insult me and suggest I'm smoking something or on drugs. that's just mean.

You have over and over again said that mac users are making a big mistake using that system because mac is using new monitors and color gamuts and and O.S. that is not friendly to adobe and you much prefer window machines. this can be proven easily by reviewing your messages over the years. So please don't insult me... it's just plain mean spirited and rude.

I say you are biased not to degrade you but to explain that you ARE biased....you prefer windows. Simple fact of life.

Calling kevin Mr. Mac is also not a cool describer for him as a nice man who helps everyone here... it is not accurate no matter how smart he is about mac and windows...to say imply he is only into mac stuff..... it just is shallow.

anyway, please explain to the poster how you masked the color chart and got your auto color result that worked nice... that's the main thing here.... help that guy figure out how to use that chart.

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Salvo,

Wasn't accusing you of any such thing, that's an old phrase for when you haven't a clue where someone got an idea. Period. And where I live, smoking all sorts of things are now legal. There's a shop next door to our's here in beautiful downtown Monmouth.

Wherever you've got the weird notion I bash Macs, again I've got no clue, you're making a huge jump there that I never have. Macs are excellent computers, except for Apple's heavily dissected odd implementation of settings for Rec.709 video display. I've been very clear about that. A ton of my good friends and peers work on and LOVE their Macs, more power to them.

But even they all say you just can't trust their Rec.709 video display. In all, considering the capabilities and uses of a computer these days, that's rather a minor issue. But no one should really trust any monitor's display without calibration. Apple just adds a bit more spice to the mix.

And ... you see my asking Kevin to pop in to help with a Mac issue is somehow not a compliment? That I do not get whatsoever ... I asked him totally because of my respect for his knowledge on that ecosystem. One of my biggest "misses" through this whole Covid thing has been seeing Kevin at NAB. Darn but we have a good time together! The guy knows editing, color, and especially Macs like few others.

Relax, no one's attacking Kevin or you.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid I'm only trying to help you and you'll have to focus on your own issue without me because it's my opinion you have not begun to understand what it's like to shoot color charts and work like a professional, no matter what computers or OS or cameras you are using. Good luck.

you say, let's focus on my issue, but it's clear to me you have no idea what that is.

the best way to do things right is to eliminate all the variables that you can, and FIND OUT what your issue is.... otherwise your thread is nowhere land.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines