Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Re: Premiere Pro only importing audio from .mov

New Here ,
Aug 30, 2018 Aug 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm using Adobe Premiere 12.1.2 for a project which requires video capture. Adobe Premiere creates .mov files when using the video capture feature. Upon finishing the video capture, I am prompted to name the file and a .mov file is created. As far as I can tell there is no way to choose a different file format. For shorter files, everything plays fine. For longer files (approx 120 minutes or so), it imports audio only. No video. I've found a workaround by installing an older version (12.0.1) but I am prompted with this message upon launch:

"32-bit QuickTime support ending

Support for import/export of legacy 32-bit QuickTime media will be discontinued in a future version of Premiere Pro. Transcode to a non-legacy format to continue using the media in Premiere Pro after legacy support has ended."

I'm all for moving on if you don't want to support QuickTime, but why does Adobe Premiere create these files during video capture without leaving an option to create a more compatible file format?

Also, I've tried many different applications to transcode to a different format and every single one changes the quality of the video in a not so good type of way.

Would love a helpful response from someone that understands what's going on here. Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?