• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Relating a wonderful new experience

Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday I experienced a great weight being lifted from my shoulders. After, quite literally, years of suffering beneath the yoke of a certain NLE with which all of you are familiar, I took a giant step for mankind. Here it is: I fired up that relatively new competing program made by dark magicians.

Stay with me.

First, I read a very short "get started" article. Then I opened the new program, imported a bunch of 4k (repeat, 4k) and commenced to recreate part of my current edit in "the other program".

It could not have been easier. I was truly shocked. My deepest shock was that, during my 8 hour session, there was only one crash. Otherwise, I was able to run 4k with zero hiccups and no problems whatever. I was doing dissolves, I did superimpositions, I used Gaussian Blur, I used Glow, I did a speed ramp up an down for fun, I flipped around a 4k four track video timeline with no lag and, as my astonishment grew, I realized that this was the first problem free editing session I'd experienced in about 3 years.

It was kinda scary at first but, emboldened by desperation, I fought back my fear that this was a soon-to-end dream.

Now I'm finding out how to XML project files out of that unnamed old editing program and import them into the NLE of the Dark Magic Witches.

Please send me words of support and congratulations that I am no longer enslaved in a massive beta test of a 20 year old product whose constant promises of fixes and solutions are almost always completely false.

I have never felt so liberated.

The promised land is here.

Harry (The Traitor).

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Welcome aboard. I used AVID (it's ok to say it... just not 3 times in a row) for over 20 years. Still use it from time to time. Switched to Premiere about 2 years ago and it honestly changed how I work for the better. Way fewer crashes and if there are crashes you generally don't lose any work. My only advice to you is to not be in a hurry to update your software when they release a new version of Premiere. There are sometimes infuriating session busting bugs. Still the integration and workflow with the Adobe products is worth the switch alone. Stepping back into the AVID now feels like a timewarp. It has it's usefulness, particularly in long form, but it's no contest for me with most projects. Premiere all the way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Video Lounge​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That went right over your head...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought your clues were clever, and reasonably obvious. Since they weren't, I think you should resolve to do better.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Umm.. who are you even responding to?  It wasn't even my post!  Maybe you should look closer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lol. Oops!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Upon further review It looks like I shouldn't skim read. I just assumed it was in praise of the Adobe product on the Adobe forum. Foolish of me. Also, Resolve is hardly an NLE.... but to each his or her own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines