• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Replacement for Encore?

Guide ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not more than 10 days go by without someone needing to create a DVD/Blu-ray disc yet Adobe will not create a replacement for Encore. Not more than 10 days goes buy without people stating they still use the Legacy Titling system. Adobe does not care about the users. They care about the programers. The old Legacy Titler still has many features that the Essential Graphics does not. Is Adobe ever going to make the EG titles have all the same feautres of the Legacy Titler? I doubt it. That being said at least we can store the EGP titles into bins as seen in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLQa-5GUQRw

Mod note: Threads moved to the Video Lounge for off topic discussion around DVD and Encore replacement.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

we live in a capitalist society where product development and evolution is usually driven by demand.   Very few people are still authoring complex dvd's and blu-rays.  I happen to be in the midst of a very complex project involving authoring both dvd's and blu-rays.  I'm still using Encore...  It is possible to still install and work with Encore although it's not simple...  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To go with mgrenadier's last comment ... my wife and I have had our own business as our total livelihood for over 40 years. There were many 'products' or services offered by similar companies we did not wish to provide for one reason or another. Or ... as it is also an option ... we simply priced the service high enough, that if someone was willing to pay, we were willing to do the job.

Some of these products/services were simply things we found a terrible drudgery to do. Some we found useless, so didn't wish to do something essentially creating garbage. But most were simply beyond the scope of the business we had the time and energy to run.

Like any other individual or business, "Adobe" can decide what products and services fit their interests ... enough payable demand to be worth the investment of time and people. And the distraction of having another product line. They've made it clear that they don't think this fits their concept of moving forward.

Which is their decision to make. I dearly wish they had a modern equivalent of Encore, personally. But I understand they don't see it the way I do.

Adobe is a company totally driven by metrics ... half of corporate Adobe is providing the programs we users use, the other half is providing the programs used by other mega-corps to determine business decisions. To create and use metrics. And Adobe's metrics people basically run the entire show.

Those people look at their metrics and see no future in blu-ray/DVD authoring applications. Neither from an economic standpoint nor from something else dear to the Adobe corporate heart (if there is such a thing ... ) ... which is to be seen as being among the most forward-moving companies of the world. And bluray/dvd is so last-decade to them.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Neil,

If creating a DVD/Blu-ray disc was only mentioned one or twice a year in the Premiere Pro forum I could see your point but that is not the case. Creating a DVD/Blu-ray disc is mentioned several times a month. Keep in mind DVD/Blu-ray reation gets mentioned several times a month in the FCXP forums, Edius forums and Avid forums. There is still a need for DVD/Blu-ray authoring programs in 2021.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, you still don't see my point.

It isn't that there isn't interest shown by some subset of users. It's that according to their metrics there isn't enough interest shown by a wide enough subset of users to be worth pursuing.

Two entirely different things. Focusing on the former is wasted pixels. Period. They manage by the latter.

Which is my point.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OT for the OT: I have a nice OWC Blu-ray Burner collecting dust. Thinking of offering it for sale. Think anyone would buy it?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Think about how many people want a replacement for Encore but that gets ingnored. Adobe was awesome 10 years ago but not so much in 2021. I am not a fan of renting by the monh but my opinon could change if Adobe gave us a replacment for Encore and updated the Lagacy Titler instead of removing it. I started with Adobe Premeire 6.0. Not Premiere Pro 6.0 but Premiere 6.0 back in 2001. It came with my Canopus DV Storm  :  )

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Andy,

my opinon could change if Adobe gave us a replacment for Encore and updated the Lagacy Titler instead of removing it. 

Thanks for your opinions. Let the team know how you feel on User Voice. Not here. 

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines