• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RESET YOUR PREFERENCES

Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's a nice solution, after getting tired of Neil's egotism.... and stupid info...

" RESET YOUR PREFERENCES ! "

good grief...

I haven't had resolve crash a single time on a stupid gaming laptop and I'm using BM raw, Log 3, and DNxHD and Prores... and NEVER have problems even though I can only see the source or program monitor at any time, due to small screen size... just can't see both like on my desktop.  But really... I never have trouble with color or something 'darker' than export or any of that junk... give me a break.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know what's more important to me ???? Really ??

THIS... LOOK AT TOP LEFT BLOB  ...OMG ! Must clean chip... this is a bmpcc .... THAT'S what I focus on.. not some stupid NLE stuff that doesn't work... or some crazy convoluted 'rationale' for why YOUR computer is horrible, etc. etc... I deal with real issues that I can fix and work with and get on with my life and that's the most important thing for EVERYONE.

LAKE MINNETONKA.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

salvo34 you need to reset your preferences and use Davinci Resolve.  Your negative comments about Neil are inappropriate.  He has helped many users.  Hopefully, you will leave this forum and enjoy the many bugs that Resolve has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use CS6 and resolve which doesn't have any bugs for me on my computers.

My remarks are my own opinions and not yours to judge or try to inflame into some personal crazy thing. Neil and I understand each other and have great respect for each other, so please don't try to make things stupid here.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is what you stated previously:

"you do what you want to promote yourself and your own opinions etc., Neil. I have nothing to do with your choices and who you bad mouth. Like Apple, Resolve, and don't much care about your Tangent controls either. So what ??   And whether you like it or not if something doesn't WORK for what a user is trying to do it is just human nature to suggest they look into something that might work better for them. 

I really don't subscribe to all your high horse " I am great and know all the engineers and pro colorists, " and all that trash talk.

When you have to you do admit that using the tools that work is a good idea. And recently you were kind enough to let everyone know about the whole new crew in programming (that you apprently are on first name basis with so they do what YOU want )... and what's that mean ??? Someone is finally going to try to fix bugs and stop adding more pounds of you know what into a 5 pound bag ???"

Keep your opinions to yourself if you can't deal with someone giving their own."

You say that you have great respect for Neil.  Your comments do not suggest that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

relax. take a breath. calm down. It's not as bad as you think.

First of all, there are people who sometimes work and live in environments where it is not ususual for them to call one another names ( like, "You weasel ! ", or "You Warthog !") when they are making points about something that is going on ...PG Wodehouse comes to mind.

In a school yard some kids may be ( even very close friends or family members in same school ) will say stuff that means something to each other, but may be miscontrued by others in the school yard.  When that happens ( in school yard ) some relatively unknown person may 'take sides' and stand next to their 'champion' and squint their eyes at the other person as if to say, " You should get out of this school yard ! ".  But, in fact, it is really none of your business and you just make things dumb by introducing a metalevel of emotion and attitude onto something you don't understand.

Neil is perfectly fit to say what he wants on the basis of his own expertise and skill and experiments and experience.... without bringing up names of so-called experts and riding on thier coat tails... in hopes of elevating himself to a higher plane.  He knows this. He can live on his own with just his own knowledge and experience. And help people as he has the time and inclination to do that. You can do the same thing.

I know what you are feeling and I'm just asking you to relax and let Neil take care of himself as he is a grown man who does that fine.  Aren't you the guy who thought a commercial for Culligan Man cost about $10,000 and used a drone on the last shot ? It cost 1.2 million and was a technocrane on the last shot.... remember ??? Sometimes your interpretation of things may not be totally inclusive of real life.  Just relax please.

🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.

I like that you care about stuff and want to help others and keep doing cool stuff in the media, etc... and hope you stay with it... thanks for caring !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my biggest concern right now ( since I have definitely narrowed down my tests to show it's the chip on my bmpcc that has a blob on it ) is that I can fix it with cleaner and swabs I ordered ( coming Thu.). If someone blew it out with dust off and got some creepy cold 'liquid' from can onto chip, it might be doomed ( the coating thing over chip ).

I have no clue what caused it. I called and spoke to a lot of people and nobody knows if I can fix it ... it's up to me ... and if it doesn't work I have to throw out the camera.  That's what I care about right now.

can you help me ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was in a professional workplace for 40 years.  I never used names that you suggest or heard anyone use deragotory names.  If you work in a professional setting, do you use those kind of names?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines