• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Rush was created to coerce you into using Premiere Pro

Explorer ,
May 10, 2021 May 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But this is the problem. It's like Rush is intentionally kneecapped to make you use Premiere. Joining Through Edits (merging clips) and many other functions that Rush lacks isn't "high end" and are very basic. But they don't exist simply because the goal is to get you to premiere. Rush is a gateway app and doesn't seem focused on being supported to stand on its own sadly.

Mod note: Branched from a post about Rush's lack of the ability to heal a through edit.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 14, 2021 May 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm pretty sure that Adobe wants us to use the tool that's right for our needs.

Premiere Rush is clearly meant for those who want to edit video without a steep learning curve and also provide quick turnaround for publishing to social media.  It's very name "Rush" refers to quick, easy turnaround.  As such, Premiere Rush has a shorter feature list than Premiere Pro.  For all of its full-featured strengths, the things that Rush allows us to do (to capture video, edit it, color correct it, add stills, clean up audio, add music and sound effects, customize animated titles, and then publish to social media entirely from your iPhone or iPad) is something that cannot be done in Premiere Pro - not to mention easily jumping from your iPad to your desktop then to your iPhone.  All it takes is a free Adobe ID with the Premiere Rush Starter plan and you can be creating video content at no additional cost.

More than that, Premiere Rush also serves the fuction of being the start of a more complex edit as it enables us to do a rough cut on the go - literally anywhere we have our phone or tablet - and then easily send that to Premiere Pro for the fine cut.

If nesting video clips is an important feature for Premiere Rush users who are unlikely to use Premiere Pro, Adobe wants to hear it (see the UserVoice link posted by Karita).

It might be worth noting that the feature being requested in the orignal post is "nesting" and not "merging".  Merging clips refers to when picture and sound that were recorded separately are combined such that they behave as  the same master source clip while editing (and yes, merge clips is a feature found in Premiere Pro, not Rush).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Truly with all due respect and in no means do I tend to offend but if Adobe actually wanted to improve they would look at all the existing comments and requests.

Things are asked for over and over.

And further more they could also just look at the market.

I understand your point of speed and the purpose of "RUSH" but people aren't asking for complicated features that should only be in Premiere.

they're looking for BASIC functions that other fast phone editing apps offer or simply logical features.

Rush in many ways feels incomplete or untested by the people who would actually use it.

Just one example, IMOVE should NOT have features that Rush doesn't have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also there's a reason why most Adobe Rush questions start with

"HOW DO YOU DO?"

vs

"CAN YOU DO?"

Most people are looking for simple Basic functions they Assume the program Must offer.

There's even a competitor that has monopolized the google search results so anytime I search for a question about a missing Rush feature it leads to that app and tells me why i should use it instead and that Adobe Rush doesn't offer what i Want.

That drives me crazy! Adobe is a huge company! THE Company in graphics! This shouldn't be happening! And considering how much I pay for Adobe I hate the idea of even considering another graphics package. 

I want Adobe to succeed but every day I see more and more progress from hungry new and existing apps from other companies.

It's very very very frustrating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2021 May 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Feature requests made on the Adobe Video & Audio apps UserVoice page are looked at by the Premiere Pro Rush team.  That's clear, right?  If we visit the page for Premiere Rush (https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/916423-premiere-rush/filters/top), we'll find that "Reverse a clip" has the most votes and that "More Transitions" with the second most votes is currently "in progress".  That is, we'll see more transitions in a future version of Rush for sure.

I'm curious, which features of iMovie would you like to see in Premiere Rush?  Specific to this community support thread, an iMovie user would need to move to Final Cut Pro X to create a Compound Clip in order to change the speed of multiple clips as if they were one clip.  So, it's actually a very similar solution with Apple's software.  While Apple has an option to provide feedback, it's just a message sent in a web browser.  There are no options for other users to see it and vote for it, nor any indication that the request is under consideration or in progress.

We see a major release from Adobe about every 18 months across all of the Creative Cloud applications.  That's a pretty aggressive schedule.  Sure, it would be great if everything listed on the UserVoice page (there are 4,448 ideas as I write this) could show up by the next update, but is that realistic?  If anything, it's a sign that Rush is popular.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I'm moving these OT threads to the Video Lounge.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines