• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Should Adobe test Premiere on a community of beta testers before releasing it to the rest of us paying a subscription?

Contributor ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There’s a lot of things I’ve loved about using Premiere over the last ~15 years, but the overwhelming amount of bugs is not one of them. It’s more buggy than any other established software I use on any of my devices - by a long way. It doesn’t feel right to charge a subscription to me when I’m having to deal with multiple workarounds and bugs that really get in the way of my work and deadlines.

Why not just test it more? Have a community of beta testers to find the problems before releasing new features to everyone. Most of us would prefer more reliable software than software with experimental new innovations which we can’t rely on for our work.

Here’s some of my latest bugs (can your staff submit the bug reports or do I have to?)

Thanks

Bin window: Search filter doesn’t work
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHqF-BvelpUtgLESRFh5UXdJVCubs6M6/view

Persistent filter (can’t delete it!)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c_cx6tqeyqg64cLERhQjw7VddNkxMFdd/view

Phantom waveforms on audio files:
https://youtu.be/FG3DhxfocNQ

Can’t click on clips in timeline (with audio panner keyframes enabled)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tw7WRJqijAHQ5XwEXNhFxFPBhA8g6OwG/view

Video effect: Vignette: won’t preview

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dO9g2wEZVWVDi38BVbyyoHH6Mh3YJN0z/view

Video effect: Write-on: brings Premiere to its knees on powerful PC

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1j-_YvEcXOJFR6-enzsR1pETCes_aPA30/view

Video effect: Write-on: crashes Premiere when changing ‘Brush position’

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1unpdY3ETWfSO9T4OJeUzY9bVgHuQhbxx/view

Crash on launch + will not force close
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vNjAhniqJ057J6-T9LQJzrS_cywemTmQ/view

Etc...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The first one;

Bin window: Search filter doesn’t work

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZHqF-BvelpUtgLESRFh5UXdJVCubs6M6/view

really is such a pain in the —. It's the latest version of Premiere. I've tried creating a new project and importing the problematic project into it. What do I have to do to get a working version of this editing software?

Moderator Warning: Please do not use profanity on these forums. It is against Adobe community guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you have a thinking error!

ADOBE makes no failure!

The Failure, the bug is the customer.

The customer have to pay his rent,

and then the customer have to been quiet!

ADOBE say they have a lot of devolpers,

than i think they can make a test program for new versions.

Yes, we customer can help,

but now we are the ADOBE life is life tester.

When there is a beta Test, than we need the option

to open new projects and new beta projekts in older versions.

It is a silly custom, that ADOBE forbid to open newer projects

in older CC versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone,

I highly recommand to provide your bugs directly on the new Premiere bug form here: Premiere Pro: Hot (1443 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

This link, for feature request and bug reports is an overhaul of the preview bug form, and now people can vote on features and issues, add comments and most importantly, developers can give a status update regarding the issue.

This also helps the team gauge how many people are affected by certain bugs, and help prioritizing.

Hope this helps,

Seb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 21, 2018 Jun 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Seb,

over years, at the last NAB, ADOBE Manager smile over us customer.

(COMMENT REMOVED)

ADOBE has not taken its customers seriously for years.

Now we should look for errors for ADOBE,

actually like the last years,

only that one may communicate his frustration now on an official page.

What does ADOBE do for our money?

The current mistakes should have been in a lab test.

The customer are the ADOBE lab.

I think we like communicating with companies that like to listen to us

But ADOBE does not like to listen.

Moderator Warning: Please do not personally attack Adobe employees or community members. It is against Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Personal opinion, of course. I've found the staff at NAB quite willing to engage on the capabilities and the failures of the app, over the last six years. Considering how much I've vented on both managers and engineers behind their booth at the demo tables, I'm rather pleased that when they see me coming they still smile. And ask what problems I'm wanting to talk about this time. As it turns out, they have fixed most of the things I've complained about, but those were all things hitting a lot of people so they were very aware of them.

On first updating to 2018, I had a couple miserable days trying to get the workspaces bar to work again. Including several times just nuking PrPro. So I have been through that issue with the current version, although most other things in it are working fine for me.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I politely disagree. I called their support line, emailed, left messages. Never got a reply back. And been trying to get my problems fixed for over two months now.

And I've watched these support forums. They're not particularly busy. Not really. And with the concept of vocal minority There's probably thousands of others with the exact same issues I'm having.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

stevem,

I called their support line, emailed, left messages. Never got a reply back. And been trying to get my problems fixed for over two months now.

That's not cool. PM me details about your case, including any case numbers and your Adobe ID. I will investigate this problem.

And I've watched these support forums. They're not particularly busy. Not really.

That's a subjective claim that I disagree with. Premiere Pro and other digital video forums are the busiest forums at Adobe these days. Even busier than Photoshop. There aren't enough hours in the day to handle all these posts, I'm afraid.

There's probably thousands of others with the exact same issues I'm having.

File all those issue where devs can see them. On the User Voice site, please: Premiere Pro: Hot (1499 ideas) – Adobe video & audio apps

Sorry for any frustration you're experiencing. Hope I can help you resolve any issues.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Support staff and development team are two different segments of the company. I also have been able to meet with Kevin and some of his staff at NAB over the years, and enjoyed it.

Kevin btw has a long past in editing and teaching FCP back a ways, time as a colorist, quite a post career.

This release didn't get near the increase in posts "here" of the last couple versions. Which of course doesn't help you if your one of the ones getting hammered.

We've all been there. Speaking for myself, more experienced folks here got me through my first few harrowing years with this. I just like to help "back" and see if we can get people working.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Neil,

we know that you are a disciple.

A disciple of ADOB.

You mean it very well.

But your way is the one that ADOBE has chosen for years.

It's time to start another time.

It does not bring anything nice to talk about!

Then the ADOBE managers rest for years to come.

It is time to work hard on the products.

Greetings

Charles Waldorf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm a realist and basically polite. I've been hit by bugs from this software such that I couldn't use an update for several months. A couple times. The reason I'm so experienced with the CC Cleaner tool is I've had to use it plenty.

I've had numerous rants on here and the old SpeedGrade forum. Especially telling the preceding management they were both wrong within their own pond and stupid compared to their major competitors to their face at NAB and on the forums here.

With Resolve working very hard at cutting into the "full workfow" concept and doing a pretty decent job of it I felt killing a grading app for the limited capabilities Lumetri initially had was about as suicidal as you could get.

And they doubled down on the decision by officially telling users that for any decent grading needs XML out to Resolve. Yea, I was kinda vocal on that.

New PrPro management is working to get Lumetri actually usable, note the Comparison mode for program monitor and Apply Match shotmatching. Huge improvements. But then new manager was the creator of Iridas/SpeedGrade and naturally more interested in color.

The closed captioning within PrPro sucks. Dynamic Link to Ae can be tricksy ar best of times. I can go on with the shortcomings but it's boring as we know them.

But it's easy to get a feel for the percentage of users hit in a release by how the uptick of threads on this forum counts. Most releases we've had several pages in hours, this one was far less. And fewer different issues. I'll give credit for that.

Doesn't mean there aren't problems for some users they need to sort.

And Kevin has always been darn straight with me at NAB. If something sucks he's blunt on it with me.

With the problems there are still the majority of users working away.

(And yes, I've posted on here that some users should try Resolve for their media.)

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/R+Neil+Haugen  schrieb

Personal opinion, of course. I've found the staff at NAB quite willing to engage on the capabilities and the failures of the app, over the last six years. Considering how much I've vented on both managers and engineers behind their booth at the demo tables, I'm rather pleased that when they see me coming they still smile.

ADOBE Manager likes to smile.

Honestly, one feels more laughed,

as smiled at.

Comment Removed: Warning: Do not personally attack community members or Adobe employees. It is against Adobe Community Guidelines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does have a beta program.

Perhaps the better idea is an open beta, like Blackmagic Design with DaVinci Resolve and Fusion.  Anyone can download the beta versions and provide feedback, free of charge.  And BMD does take that feedback into account, often fixing bugs in the very next beta release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some serious beta testing needs to be done. Ever since that update a couple months back I just plain can't get Premier to function like it did. It pretty much killed my ability to make content. It doesn't play MP4's in the timeline anymore. Or if it does it stops playing at random. I can't edit anything without it crashing. It worked fine and I've been scouring online for the past couple months trying to find a way to get it to work. I even tried reverting it to older versions but that didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines