• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

simple telling of story

Advisor ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's turned into a hardware forum. Luckily it doesn't effect the high end users who edit film festival entrees which are all premiere pro ( cannes,, sundance, etc. ) cause all that stuff is PPro now. ( inside joke to what's his name, who claims this is true).

I'd love to hear from posters how to solve problems with shooting and editing stories at some point... tv commercials with lots of motion graphics, documentaries with language stuff on bottom of screen in print so I can understand what the actors said ( like foreign films ) and news, sports and ads that make the TV screen screen with fancy motion and graphics and fake effects.. that makes my head spin...

Someone hear must have seen or heard of MOVIES and good TV commercials where a fluid beautiful lit and shot and editited and directed ( etc. ) product was SEEN by someone using Abobe products.

You think I can possibly get what platform you have and your source material and test how it works on my own platform ( different than yours ) and solve your hardware problems ?? You must be nuts.

Just make it work and do what you have to shoot and edit what your stupid machine is able to do, and get over it ....

hehe

: )

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see antenna tv in MN. which is basic network stuff and 40 year old movies. I also see stuff that friends made via traiers or production stills, if they send me that.

The majority of commercials is junk. And I'm old school.. and retired film mechanic, so I have an 'attiude' re: art and drama and so on...what I think is worthy of film adaption or new film script.

This forum is declining to the point of morons who are playing games and using OBS or gopro head cameras to shoot an exciting ride down a trail which I have no interest in ( or cat videos etc. )

Let's try to up the help here... and focus on what is POSSILBLE instead of what is IMPOSSIBLE cause the platform is not working according to promise by ADOBE.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, you talking about the actor that walked in front of a practical lamp and the editor is obsessed with removing it? Oh yes, I agree. I use my partner's shaky hand held iPhone shots in all my travel videos, as long as it furthers my little story. I think that mistakes and imperfections are often what makes a film feel more authentic. Filmmaking is littered with mistakes, continuity errors, and boom poles entering the shot. 

I think that's the thrust of your post, eh?

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think I'm talking about everything... and can't write some film school dissertation for a masters here... trying to focus on anything that would make sense re: such a broad subject.

I just watched magnum PI tv show ( muted thank god ) and happened to see some giant text zoom in ( motion graphic thing at end of program ) and I just get sick and tired of all the stupid hype visually. I really don't need to see text and graphics zooming in and out of frame and all that junk.

I doesn't have anything but a negative effect on me as an 'audience' person.

Like, you wanna buy a car ? ZOOM IN TO THE CAR... duh... speed ramp the car, put a dog on the car hood, get the world's largest ball of twine on the car. Give me a break,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines