• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sony AX53 - Or other choice?

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've been waiting this year to get a video camera, black Friday approaches and my time to commit is here!

I've been leaning to a Sony AX53 all year, but have been to Best Buy a few times to look it over and only have one hesitation, can it be used successfully on a tripod! At the store they have it on a magnetic base, and so I was comparing it to the AX100 next to it (50% more expensive, older, shorter zoom, not as good handheld, but much bigger sensor) and I was then reminded of the 'stutter' people see from the AX53 when it's on a stable base. Just tapping the counter it was on was producing this annoying judder/stutter/etc...

I've read that Sony did a firmware update to the AX53 which helped for when the camera was on a tripod. I need to go back to Best Buy today perhaps and check to see what firmware that camera had.

So, any recommendations or comments on the above

thanks very much,

mp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably better to ask this in a Sony camera forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good idea Jim, I just did. Still would be interested in anyone's experience here. thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Video Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 23, 2017 Nov 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One good bit... I went back to Best Buy yesterday and checked the AX53's firmware version and it was 1.00, that's the original version for this camera and the one where most of the problems were from. There has been a 1.01 and the current 1.02 which is the version Sony addressed this problem.

Hoping to hear from someone who shoots with this camera or has edited the footage to find if the problem persists or it is mostly under control now. Again, the BOSS system seems great hand held and I'd probably do quite a bit of that, but I don't want to give up on the ability to have a stable tripod mount...

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines