Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Spark video issues

Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Posting here because there's no board for Spark (and before you tell me about the Zendesk support site... I know. I've been there several times and have submitted more than one ticket but currently running out of time to wait for a response). But anyway: I'm having a litany of issues with creating and downloading videos on Spark lately. Most, if not all, of them first of all refuse to even open for editing and instead give me a "Bad connection/FETCH_COMPOSITION" message, and the videos that I can edit to completion refuse to download. In that case I get an "Oops! Something went wrong/try again in a little bit" kind of message. Both messages are in attached screenshots.

I've been having these issues on and off for the past few weeks, but now they're consistent, and they're preventing me from creating content for my 9-5 job.

My browser: Google Version 86.0.4240.198 (Official Build) (64-bit). I've removed all extensions plus cleared my cache and cookies to no avail. I then tried logging into Spark on Microsoft Edge (for Windows 10) and got the same messages.

My device: I'm using my regular machine issued by my company (a Lenovo ThinkPad T480s) and trying to access the videos on Spark's web client. My company does have a lot of security surrounding its IS network, especially during the pandemic when we're all working from home, and my IS support did mention is passing that this may be a "Proxy issue." I kinda know what that means but mostly don't. Either way, I then tried logging in to Spark on my personal tablet (no security set up there) but faced the same issues.

I also tried: sending the videos to my Google Drive. But everytime I try to do this I can only get far enough to sign in to my account before I'm spit back into the video editor with no connection made and Spark seemingly assuming I never logged into the Google account. It just keeps asking me to connect to my Google account without actually DOING anything.

Anyway, like I said, I do know there's a contact forum for these problems but I'm wondering if someone here can answer more thoroughly and quickly. And I've seen a lot of similar questions; none with any insight or answer in response. I'm hoping that's because the issue eventually sorted itself out and not because the problem was abandoned (in which case, that's why I'm creating a new post). If anyone has any insight or tips, please let me know! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 22, 2020 Dec 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines