• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Telling someone that nobody else is having problems is a joke

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2019 Mar 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Telling someone that nobody else is having problems is a joke.  If people weren't having problems you wouldn't be seeing post like this to comment and the only thing Adobe people reply with is it's our workflow or computers.  The code is old and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.  This isn't 1996 anymore so telling people they need to convert their 4k clips to 720 to be able to edit without problems is a joke.  IT'S 2019!  Ask the stockholders that love that subscription money how they will like it when we all move on to software that works.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Telling someone that nobody else is having problems is a joke.

Hi TrueFD,

I didn't say no one else is having problems. I said most of us are not having problems. Sorry if you are.

If people weren't having problems you wouldn't be seeing post like this to comment and the only thing Adobe people reply with is it's our workflow or computers. 

We have no idea about the user's computer. We have no idea about the user's workflow. We have no idea about the user's issues at all. I have working projects. I am not magical, however, I am experienced. True, I work at Adobe, but I'm also an editor and have been one for a long, long time. I have some ideas on how to help failing workflows

My standard workflow gives me a solid editing solution with Premiere Pro and a decent MacBook Pro. Therefore, one can only assume that it's probably not the software in this user's case.

If you personally are having trouble developing a bullet proof workflow, please let us know. I can help with that.

The code is old and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up.

Writing Code. It's not my area of expertise or influence, but you can give that advice to those that write the code here.

This isn't 1996 anymore so telling people they need to convert their 4k clips to 720 to be able to edit without problems is a joke.  IT'S 2019!

In my opinion, computer power in the midrange has not kept up with power needed for highly compressed and increasingly larger sized video formats. Most editing systems do rely on proxies or transcodes (some even can create them in the background: Premiere and FCPX come to mind) to provide a smooth workflow. Sorry your expectation is a bit different than mine.

Personally, I transcode 4K Long GOP files to 4K intraframe formats and have great success with that. I do not prefer editing with H.264 files whatsoever. If I have time, I will transcode them (for performance, but also to speed rendering up). I will make proxies if I need a portable version of my project, as well. I come from a time when transcoding was not an option, you had to do it that way. Therefore, I don't even bother with H.264 originals unless I am in a big hurry and have a pretty power rig.

Ask the stockholders that love that subscription money how they will like it when we all move on to software that works.

I'm a stockholder as are most of my co-workers. We want you to succeed. Please let me know if you want to have a discussion around the kinds of projects you are working on and I will do my best to help prescribe a workflow that would work for you most every time.

A new post in the Premiere Pro main forum would be the best place for that.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines