• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thanks for the software ideas

Enthusiast ,
Apr 06, 2018 Apr 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the software ideas, but it is still a great shame that Adobe cannot see the worth in their own products! The question I am asking myself is; is Adobe really serious about competing in the pro film production sector anymore, or now trying to position against the likes of Corel for consumer market? Some of their decisions lately suggest the latter...

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am one of the many that is gutted about this. I'll check out the KIT Scenarist suggestion but like others I had just finished migrating from Celtx to Story Classic. This is a major blow to my view of the value of CC.

What are the chances of being able to use Story Classic on a sort of disconnected unsupported offline basis? I mean the cloud features were a great bonus but the key for me was how it let you organise all of the chaos in ones brain during the writing process.

I don't want to go back to Celtx!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2018 Apr 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think that's also been one of my biggest challenges with this as well. If they just let the offline / desktop version of the software continue working without future support, it wouldn't be an issue. It's such a great tool and I hate to lose it and also have to migrate everything over. Kit Scenarist has been my favorite of the affordable/free versions I've tested. Definitely think it's worth looking into. I just hope Adobe changes their mind on how they're going to end the applications functions completely. Hell, I'd even pay a one-time fee (something small since we're getting unsupported software) to keep it as a desktop version and continue to use it as it is.

I also don't buy Adobe's reasoning - that it wasn't used. I know a ton of professionals who used Story in their workflow. It made sense for them because it was within our subscription model. Adobe's actions just strike me as odd and worrisome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines