• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The Social Publishing Panel: What Happened?

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2019 Mar 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I watched Jason Levine's video (How to Make Great Videos (Part 7) - Optimizing for Social Media | Adobe Creative Cloud - YouTube)  that touted a new feature that was in beta (The Social Publishing Panel) and finally decided to see if it could help us out since we're getting ready to start our own show to be featured on multiple social media platforms.

After searching, I found pretty much nothing. As if it never existed. If not for the video above and this link (Slay on Social: Introducing the Social Publishing panel (beta) in Premiere Pro | Creative Cloud blog...​), I would have thought I suffered a case of the "Mandela Effect."

What gives Adobe? Jason Levine?

Thanks for any insight or alternative suggestions.

Wally

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Wally,

I apologize that we have not been able to get this feature into our customer's hands. I'd like to see it too!

I'm afraid we need some momentum in the form of feature requests to guide our engineering team back on task for this important component.

Keep in mind that public beta for any experimental feature are just that; experimental. There may be some item in the software that was not feasible in the testing process. It could also be personnel related in that the person driving dev of that feature might not be with the company any longer, or any combination of other reasons. Sorry I don't have a good answer for you.

My advice is to keep pressing for this feature. One way to do that is to upvote the feature request on User Voice. I found such a request with fairly low numbers. Get your co-workers and friend to upvote the feature to give it more gravitas. I vote for the Social Publishing Panel – Adobe video & audio apps

I also upvoted and will continue to advocate for your request.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2019 Mar 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Kevin,

It's just weird that cool features like this just "disappear," never to be heard of again. And thanks for the verification that this was a thing.

Wally

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2019 Mar 27, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wally, that's just it. It was never "a thing." Only a tech preview.

Cheers,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines