• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This is so ridiculous. Your sofware has become so bad, it...

Explorer ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so ridiculous. Your sofware has become so bad, it feels more like the day after the premiere. You need to be rebuild it from the ground up instead of asking people to jump through all these hoops to have your software work.

I've been a long time user, but over the past few years, performance kept getting worse. In fact, I accepted it as normal behaviour and even questioned my 2018 MacBook Pro.

After dealing with a lot of frustration during an edit last week, I made a drastic switch to DaVinci Resolve, which I had heard people talk about before, but I never used the software myself.
Within ten minutes I was up and runningl; blown away by it's performance. The speed of the interface is amazing, there's no need to work with proxy files anymore, and playback (even with heavy grading applied), is instant and smooth. It feels like my Mac just got a serious upgrade.

I'm a big fan of Adobe CC, and for now will continue to use it's other software. But untill Premiere gets a full refresh, I wouldn't recommend it to anyone anymore.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when premiere 2021 released we will see posts about workaround of opening new project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've finally fixed my problem. If you get decent performance after a clean OS installation, then you might want to avoid installing what causes performance slowdown. Having a RAID of drives or M.2 to playback your footage is one thing, avoiding installation of Realtek audio drivers is another (yes, I've spent 2 years only to realize they were ruining second monitor playback and general performances on Windows 10)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines