• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

This issue could have been long resolved

Participant ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than using caution with postings on this forum thread please use a lot more caution when testing your software next time Adobe

This issue could have been long resolved if someone at Adobe actually used enough caution and tested  the video apps on the new Macbooks for just a few hours when they were released over a month ago. Instead noone cared until this very thread

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am adding my name to this list too.

2016 MBP 2.7 with Radeon 455.

First computer sent back to Apple before the return policy, but after reading this thread I wish I had kept it.

Same issues as everyone else, full screen glitch and force reboot to fix. PP CC with 1080 footage, nothing to complicated.

Let's hope Adobe can provide a software fix soon or else I will join you all in switching to FCPX

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its official. I'm in love with schmollywood.         Quick report since I jumped hard into FCPx a few days ago. I think I finally have the magnetic timeline dialed in- I sincerely hated it for the first day but now I am in love with it. I haven't had a single crash cutting my raw 6k red footage for the past few days. I can't believe I'm typing this after writing off FCPx for years! Thanks for helping me see the light Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

schmollywood wrote:

This issue could have been long resolved if someone at Adobe actually used enough caution and tested the video apps on the new Macbooks for just a few hours when they were released over a month ago. Instead noone cared until this very thread

Hello,

first, most of the time on this forum you are not talking to Adobe. Adobe people have 'Staff' under their avatar. I'm not an employee but do have privileges assigned by the company. As moderators we have a duty to protect you and everyone else here. You'd be surprised at the tactics some people will use to gain access to your machines. Sometimes we get it wrong, but it is always best to err on the side of caution. I'm an expert in the Photoshop forum, but have been moderating your posts in the last hour and have passed your posts as we don't censor unless concerned about bad language or links. Afraid I cannot comment on Premiere Pro on your new MacBook but know from Photoshop Apple are often responsible with badly constructed drivers. The reality is Apple is these days more interested in the consumer market than in providing cutting edge hardware to professionals.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri I understand you are just doing your job here. So nothing personal. As you can probably tell by now Adobe has made a lot of people very angry. Yes its easy to direct the blame elsewhere (eg Apples bad drivers) but with this issue Adobe has made some profound mistakes themselves. First, when new hardware comes out the current software needs to be tested straight away for compatibility. If then a company such as Adobe discovers a bug of this magnitude its their responsibilty to inform us the customers. They didn although it would have not taken more than a few hours to come across this. Instead dozens of reports turned up over a months ago on Mac/ tech sites about this issue. When contacting Adobe customer support on Dec 28th they even claimed they have not heard of the issue yet. Meanwhile this very thread here as well as on other Mac sites filled up with complaints. Now an investigation is apparently going on, only after Adobes customers discovered this and voiced it on this very thread loud and clear. Also, to this day, Adobe still has not made ONE official announcement that these new Macbooks currently are completely incompatible with their video apps. I really wonder how is that even possible ? . So instead basically Adobe lets customers still believe that their software is working throughout the Mac platform when it is actually not. So please dont blame Apple here when its clearly Adobe making all these massive mistakes in

how they deal with this. Dont lead more and more customers to believe the new Macbooks are working with Adobes video apps when it is clearly not true. Why does Adobe not make this official? Why do customers need to discover this issue themselves instead of being imformed by Adobe before hurting their professional business? Is that Adobes way to gain trust with theIr CC subscribers ? I dont think so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

P.S even if turns out in the end that Apple caused the error by faulty drivers or whatever its still no way to deal with this issue the way Adobe has since weeks now. Terri you even mentioned that Apple cares more about the consumer customer rather about the pros these days and therefore their driver support has become sloppy. Even this very fact should make Adobe even more cautious and on the watch out for their pro customers by testing for such issues straight away when new hardware comes out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines