• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Time to install other editing softwears

New Here ,
Aug 28, 2022 Aug 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i think adobe is over, Now its time to install other editing softwears like FCP,  Da Vinci Pro, Edius and even filmora is better then premier pro 2022

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Nov 26, 2023 Nov 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recommend learning DaVinci Resolve. Bit of a learning curve but SO much faster. Also don't need to have AE or Audition installed to do audio as Resolve can do MoGraph and Audio as well. I've already cancelled my personal CC subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2024 Mar 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's unfortuanly not a viable solution.  The studio only uses Premiere and MC for multi editor projects here. Ive used Adobe since CC 2015 with really no issues at all.  This v24 has been the only PITA for me since I have deadlines for a show being submitted for QC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 09, 2024 Mar 09, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use both, and for many users, Resolve is not faster. It's equal to Premiere on my desktop, but on my 4 year old Acer Triton laptop, it's a total dog. I uninstalled it, it's simply not usable.

Premiere runs like a champ on it.

Others have opposite experience, so ... it's all over the place, depending on hardware, media, user practices, other crud on the machine, who knows.

Use whatever works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can guarantee that I can make DR fly with any footage on any machine.

The settings for DR are tough to find and a lot of users (not to say the majority) get's stuck because of bad YouTube advices.
There are just a few clicks to make DR blazing fast 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not understanding. This isn't about footage.  If you're talking about footage, yes with proper settings you can play any footage regardless of which NLE you're on. DR isn't special in that regard. Thats not whats being discussed.  This is the functionality of the UI with todays hardware. Regardless, in a production multi editor environment no one is using DR to edit. Color, and VFX? Yes. But editing, no. So DR is not an option for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, you are a most amazing user of Dr then! And most wondrously rare, also. I would suggest going to the BM forums to help, as over there, quite a few folks are told that their hardware is insufficient for pro level use.

You apparently know a lot more than most major pros do, that "live" professionally in DR. Awesome!

If you're willing to work at it, and do things like the "right" format proxies, render & replace, some t-coding, and other things, you can typically get better performance in Pr. "Optimized" media in Dr is of course a preview format thing, which you can do in Pr.

Pro level NLEs, which both are, typically require upper hardware for best usage. They can work sorta mostly on lesser kit, but you gotta know how.

But at this time, there's really weird stuff happening for some users in Pr, and even in Dr, across the user bases. Where one set of kit/media/effects work great "here" and bonked "there". That ... is simply annoying beyond belief.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not here to discuss what is best for each one of you, but I've been Adobe ACE for years; taught internationally; and have been peeking behind the curtains of Pr for over 2 decades. 
NLEs will always have differences, and—just like in a race—some will take the lead on others at some point, while others will take the wrong turn.

Pr and all the Adobe house are pointing on AI way too much (from my point of view); and using the AI in a wrong direction instead of helping professionals achieve more, the focus is on the average user that will do little to nothing for social media (this is what I got out of the latest closed-door meetings).

Truth is:

1) with one call I get Blackmagic to listen to my problem and possibly fix it...Adobe? Not so much;
2) N-Raw is not a "joke", it is—as I write this message—the top level of filming that we have in a mirrorless and it has been for years!  A Free software cannot have the editing capabilities of all formats vs a software house that is incredibly expensive and that "should be dominating the market"...

As per your problems with speed and smoothness, I edit with both Pr and DR, same exact footage, same exact effects and the movies that I edit, have all been messed up multiple times across tens of computers of my editing team when on Pr with all sorts of problems, from lost stabilization to lost 3D luts, crashes, corrupt projects, and the list goes on and on...My decision to move away all companies from Pr is because of all the above and year and years of bad decisions...paid by us Professional Users, that still hang on for the "pride" of being of the Adobe house or the "fear" of understanding/learning a whole new software.

Just my 2 cents

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Entirely valid comments. Partly because everyone's mileage always varies. Period.

For examples, I keep hearing how Macs are so much more "intuitive" than Windows. I can't hardly start the things up, let alone work on them. It's ... all weird, for me. Obviously not for others.

I saw another post by someone who's just started to work in Dr, after a couple years going through FCP then Premiere. And wow, they had found both FCP and Pr nearly indecipherable, but Dr was so naturally  ... intuitive.

I *can* edit in Dr at need, but it's a painful slog. Nothing makes "sense" to my brain.

A good friend LOVES editing in Dr. Yessirree, we are different. He is the guy that's at the Advanced panel for BM every NAB. Not an employee, but wearing that black BlackMagic shirt and demonstrating himself hoarse.

I appreciate the wide array of color tools in Dr. And still lament the loss of SpeedGrade, which to me is even dumber in hindsight than at the time. I made myself nearly persona non grata over that idiocy. Ah well.

None of these tools are perfect or even near. They all have differences that may help or hinder your work at this time.

And investing emotions on corporations is as senseless to me as trying to breath water. But people do it all the time. I don't get that at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@R Neil Haugen You are a true LEGEND, and not only for the badge that Adobe gave you, but for your answer.

I believe that the frustration of all Nikon, and Professional users is to be considered third-tier or not "worthy" of Adobe's attention compared to all the "innovations" that they are advertising...(their ads speak lowdly where their attention is). 

This travel show that I'm editing https://youtu.be/8rtQAzuaopM Global Heroes' "It's a  Beautiful World" is all filmed with Nikon 79 (please don't mind the colours; the final distribution is not YouTube so all the colours are messed up because exported just for a reference, that is why this is private)...Having to be forced to move an entire editing company to another sofware and not having any help is just out of this world. 

We are not asking for something absurd...we are just asking to edit 12-bit 8K or 4K footage...why does all Adobe just hide their heads under the sand and not listen?
This is what infuriates me. As you mentioned no software is perfect, but neglect the people that invest millions of dollars in their equipment, show, crew, etc...this is just disappointing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the kind comments. I'm a practical person in general, and well, what works  ... works. Use it.

Some Adobe staffers really appreciate me, a few ... maybe not as much, shall we say? Which I find mostly humorous.

In this sand box, users are frustrated over the Nikon raw. In the Dr sandbox, it's over ProRes raw. Both user sets have totally valid angst either their NLE.

Not that Adobe's ProRes RAW support gives us the full raw user controls we expect, but we can use the stuff.

My BRAW? I paid for the Autokroma plug-in because it works all the time and has excellent options. More solid than the BM freebie plug-in.

It's Life.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’m wondering which we’ll see first, if ever:  Nikon RAW nev support in Adobe video applications or text kerning in Blackmagic Design DaVinci Resolve?

If anyone reading through this forum topic is curious about comparing Premiere Pro and Resolve directly, we can install both and run them side-by-side.  If running macOS, Media Composer and Final Cut can also be run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've made the decision to jump ship from Adobe. I'm goign to relearn Final Cut - it's cheaper works much better. Premiere Pro is a disaster of a software - i work for a large televison channel on a day to day basis and the problems we have with licensing, bugs, crashes, glitches are a nightmare. The fix is always just over the horizon, but today i realised i've been sitting swearing at it for 12 years.

The cloud based model that adobe has persued is a total money grabbing disaster which prioritises Adobe's business model over stability and wider efficiency in workflow.   

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@joes8923424 

I'm at CBS Television Network.  We use both Avid Media Composer and Adobe Premiere Pro.  Issues come up now and again, but content is created for on-air, steaming, and social media daily.  The Media Composer workstations are almost all Windows based and Premiere Pro are mostly macOS based.  A significant part of what makes both NLEs work well is ProRes.

One caution about Final Cut Pro is that the Library approach to what would otherwise be a project makes it very, very challenging to keep a large number of shows in separate projects and to share access to those Libraries among a team of editors.  Also, it's an uphill battle to have Events instead of Bins.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 19, 2024 Mar 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've no clue how the logic that a subscription model leads to poor output is assembled. 

People still have to choose to buy, and there are alternatives. There are users choosing to 'leave Adobe' all the time, as there are apparently even more choosing to use "Adobe" products.

For any product, maintaining customer base and sales is the most important part of maintaining profitability. Expanding the customer base is often the easiest way to expand profits.

If Adobe ... or anyone ... loses customer base, unless they find a way to greatly increase profitablity per customer (an incredibly difficult thing to do) ... they lose, period.

The "model" doesn't matter in that equation. Brick and mortar store selling pecils and pens, software, whatever. Doesn't matter.

For another example, BlackMagic's Resolve has both free and purchase versions. Which are totally irrelevant to BlackMagic as a company.

Because Resolve is produced and distributed solely as a loss leader to get users to buy BlackMagic hardware.

So as long it's useful to get people to buy BM kit, how good it is, all that stuff? Ain't really relevant. (And yes, I've enough BM kit I've got Studio installed and a couple licenses sitting around in a drawer ...)

What can suck more people into the BM ecosphere to buy stuff? That's their model.

It's neither better or worse than a subscription. Just ... different.

Baselight is another example, if you want one where the software PAYS for development.

It's what, three price levels ... around $14,000, $17,000, and $19,000, in USD, to buy a license. Which includes a computer that is only used for Baselight. And certain upgrades, but ... you still pay per for major upgrades.

As valid, just different. This gets the most stable program behavior, of course. You wanna buy a license?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines