• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uploading Video for Editing

Explorer ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I’ve been trying to get info from Samsung, Verizon and Best Buy and have not been able to get a useful answer.

One of the primary uses for the new android cell phone I am planning to buy through Verizon is video recording. I would like to transfer that video to my relatively new desktop for editing. It has a fast processor, very good graphics card, and lot of memory and storage space.

I’m looking at the Samsung S20 and the Samsung 21. The S20 is older and more expensive, but it has a mini SD slot. The S21 is newer, faster, has better cameras, and is less expensive, but it doesn’t have a mini SD slot.

My question is, how much slower would moving video from the camera from with the S21 to the desktop with, say, a fast USB-C cable be than popping in the mini SD card from the S20 and accessing the video from there? I will at least start using 1080p for my YouTube channel videos, and possibly eventually go to 4K.

Which phone would you suggest for the best video transfer and editing result?

Thank you very much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My older Samsung phone is 4K capable and will record in either H.264 or H.265.   Transfer rates of video files with a USB cable seems to be about the same as SD card transfers.    

Compared to all the other time consuming details of a video workflow, I don't think the connection or transfer method of either phone will get in your way of making YouTube videos.   

If it were me, I would pick the phone with the camera I liked best.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Video Lounge forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. Will I still get email notifications of replies?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines