• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the best Adobe product for video editing?

New Here ,
Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[Moderator moved from the Lounge to Video Lounge.]

Good day to you.  I had a general question about Adobe products and wasn't entirely sure where I could post it so I chose this group as one possibility and I hope somebody can help.  I've been shooting a video of my mother making bead jewellery for Youtube and I was wondering what the best Adobe application would be.  I'm only using an outdated piece of software and find it limiting.  The kinds of things I want to do are obviously editing the video in general.  But also adding some  sort of transition effects and also having a section of the video speed up plus adding music to this section.

Hopefully somebody can help.

Regards

Nick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 02, 2022 Jun 02, 2022

Hi Nick,

You have three choices.

It depends on how much learning you want to do, how much you want to pay and how often this will be a requirement.

There are three Adobe offerings: Premiere Rush, Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro

This order is also from easy to hard and least cost to most expensive.

All three can do your requirements of transitions and speed effects and music.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nick,

You have three choices.

It depends on how much learning you want to do, how much you want to pay and how often this will be a requirement.

There are three Adobe offerings: Premiere Rush, Premiere Elements and Premiere Pro

This order is also from easy to hard and least cost to most expensive.

All three can do your requirements of transitions and speed effects and music.

Take a look at the above and explore the apps help pages. It will give you a good idea of the ease of use for each.

It may be usefule for you to know that Rush works on mobile.

https://www.adobe.com/uk/products/premiere-rush.html

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the information and I'll definitely look into it.  One further question if I start with Rush is what I learn on that application transferable to the next application and so on?

Thanks again

Nick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello again.  I just looked at the cost of Adobe Rush and it appears that it is the same price per month in the UK as Premiere Pro so is it worth starting with Rush or just going straight to Pro.  If Rush is simpler than Premiere Pro how come the price is the same per month?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if I start with Rush is what I learn on that application transferable to the next application and so on?

Thanks again

Nick

By @Nicholas24700249puuc

==========

No.  Rush is a quick & easy editor for social media posts on the go.

Pro-level tools like After Effects & Premier Pro are much more sophisticated with a much steeper learning curve.  

If you want a middle-of-road, consumer-level video editor, that doesn't have a steep learning curve, use Premier Elements. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines