• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What to look for in a video camera?

Participant ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old Sony HDR-SR11 that produces .MTS files.  Sometimes (not always, or perhaps sometimes not as noticeable?) the audio is out of sync with the video when brought into Premiere.  I found i can re-encode with Handbrake to fix this. however, that's an extra step in a production process.  I'm wondering if there is a better option for a camera that doesn't produce this issue?  what should I be looking for to ensure PP can work w/o issue with the files a camera produces if i were to start shopping around?

thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mentor ,
Oct 23, 2022 Oct 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any camera that can export intraframe All-I(or something similar) would be less prone to requiring handbrake. even better, if it could record Prores. There's a few cameras coming out soon that can natively record prores internally without needing an external recorder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your budget.

Canon has a few prosumer videocameras that produce i frame.

I have the Canon XC10 (for traveling) which produces 4K iframe. Easy editing in Premiere. No proxies, no converting, no out of sync.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 09, 2022 Nov 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this should be a given... but a port for an external microphone is super important.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines