• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe phasing out Bluray disc creation?

Advocate ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the future is always changing, but isn't it too soon to be phasing Bluray out?

1) No Smart Rendering for Bluray exports, (or dvd)  but there is Smart Rendering for .mov or avi for online youtube video crap.

2) No more CS6 Encore

OK Adobe, we get it.  You hate physical media.  You hate Bluray and DVD's...

BUT WE STILL NEED AND USE THEM!!!

What about the 1000's and 1000's of wedding video creators, birthdays, filmmakers, etc....

The general public has not outgrown Bluray discs.  Sure, I can see dvd creation going the way of the Do Do, but Bluray??

Message to Adobe:

I, and I'm sure 10's of thousands of your subscribers would LOVE to have smart rendering for Bluray creation.

I for one would pay extra for it.

Come on Adobe, would it really kill you to install a simple Bluray dvd mpeg2 codec in the sequence settings??? Would it????

I wish there was a 3rd party plugin that would do smart render for Bluray.

Now, like everybody else for years, I now have to encode my film, and PRAY after 10 hours of blind, one shot only encoding, that my film will be there without any dropped frames nor the computer crashing when I wake the next day.  

Adobe doesn't understand that creating a film should be the hard part, NOT encoding it for disc.

If anybody reading this knows anybody higher up on the food chain,  please let them know, it's too early to kill the Bluray disc.

We need it and Adobe should provide a functioning Smart Render for Bluray

We all don't make videos of cats for uploading to YouTube.

Some of us make real films and need real software that solves problems, not creates them.

Letty

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 13, 2019 Aug 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Video Lounge

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 17, 2019 Aug 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

>2) No more CS6 Encore

If you bought the serial number version of Premiere Pro CS6 you may still use the bundled Encore

Encore CS6 was not updated to be part of Premiere Pro CC due to the company that owned critical program modules that Adobe used to write the program withdrawing the license to use those modules for future versions

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines