• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Will Premiere Pro ever not be BUGGY?

Explorer ,
Mar 17, 2019 Mar 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is always sorting out issues. does it ever end? Will Premiere Pro ever not be BUGGY???? I'm so close to moving over to Davinci Resolve Studio. So close. !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2019 Apr 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barry,

Sorry for your frustration. What specific problem(s) are you experiencing? If you can recreate the issue, it's suggested to officially report it here:

Adobe Software Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Be sure to include relevant details. That way, Adobe's engineers can look into the issue and investigate. Here, these Forums are mostly end user-to-user, and the company is not likely to see customer requests.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specific problem, ahahhhahaha... The problem is Premiere Pro needs to be built again from the ground up. It doesn't matter what update there is, etc, etc. There is always something buggy. Always a work around for certain problems... Always having to downgrade, until something is properly fixed, etc, etc. It's totally sickening!!!! I have been slowly moving to Resolve. I just wish Adobe would build Premiere Pro from the ground up, instead of stacking and stacking new builds on top of a program that has been buggy since day one!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're having trouble.  I've found that as long as we use an intermediate CODEC that Adobe Premiere Pro, Avid Media Composer, Blackmagic Design Davinci Resolve, and Apple Final Cut Pro each purr like kittens.

What CODEC have you built your workflow around?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used every codec under the sun. It has nothing to do with what codecs are being used. The bottom line is... adobe is a buggy piece of garbage, and needs to be rebuilt from the ground up. What you are saying is nonsense. Premiere Pro has always had problems. If it's not one thing, it's another. If it's not one workaround, it's another. I have been using \Premiere Pro for many years. I know what has to be done. A Rebuild from scratch. This is why millions around the World are switching to Davinci Resolve. I don't like Davinci Resolve for a few reasons, and so I have been sticking with Premiere Pro... It has nothing to do with the codecs being used, although Premiere pro has had issues with that kind of thig in the past... I am talking in General... There is always one problem or another with Premiere Pro, and \it doesn't matter how powerful your workstation is, etc, etc. For instance in the newest update,, there is flickering with some footage. This problem was fixed in the past, and Adobe knows about this, yet, thay don't even check to make sure that problem will not happen again, with the new update... Believe me, I know all about Premiere Pro. I am an expert with using workarounds, for every problem that arises!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So you are not using an intermediate (also called mezzanine) CODEC? 

In addition to stability and smoothness, building a workflow around an intermediate CODEC reduces the need to render, makes rendering faster when needed, exports really fast, maintains picture quality through numerous generations, has modest bandwidth requirements, minimizes issues when working on multiple workstations and cross-platform, minimizes issues when round-tripping to other applications, and - assuming there's not a display driver conflict - minimizes flickering.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What part of what I wrote do you not understand??? I have used various kinds of Codecs!!! I have been using Premiere Pro for about 15 years. I know the Program inside out, and I have used every Codec under the sun. The flickering is to do with Premiere Pro's newest update. I went back to the edition before, and there is no flickering!!! It only flickers on certain shots in the newest update. Anyway. You are no help whatsoever, and don't seem to have a clue!!! Adobe has had flickering in the past, and with a new update, they will fix it. But what the rocket scientists at Adobe DON'T DO, is check the program inside and out, to see if any problems from past editions, are occuring in the newest release. Also, on your codec topic... Whether the codec is intermediate or not, if it is a codec Premiere Pro handles, there should never be any issues. Also, the last of my problems, is codec issues. I rarely have ever had any codec issues with rendering, or anything else!!! Have there been issues in the past with certain codecs??? (years ago) YES, but I am talking IN GENERAL... In General Premiere Pro is a buggy piece of garbage. If it is not one issue it is another, and just about every Premiere Pro user who has used Premiere Pro for any length of time, KNOWS Premiere Pro can be buggy. If it is not one issue it is another. It only takes a Google Search, or any search in these Forums, or anywhere else, to see the amounts of issues, bugs and problems, Premiere Pro has had over the years!!! There is not one Edition, I can ever remember that did not have one issue or another happening. I'm not sure what World you are living in, but in my World, and the World of millions of other Adobe Premiere Pro users, the program is BUGGY... It's a KNOWN FACT!!!! I have nothing else to say to you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Barry-J 

I’m sorry to hear that you have been having difficulty for fifteen years.  That’s a long time.

I wish I had a magic wand that magically turned any video format that Adobe video applications can decompress into something that’s good for editing.  Fortunately, it’s not entirely up up is to figure it out in our own.  The Premiere Pro user guide has fantastic information on how to optimize our workflow and this community forum is a great resource.

While there have been issues now and again, I create content in Premiere Pro under very, very, very tight deadlines each week.  What do you suppose could be different about my workflow?

Did you get a chance to check out Toolfarms’s 2022 awards?  Premiere Pro did really well last year (like the year before that and the year before that.)

https://www.toolfarm.com/news/2022-toolfarm-awards/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't care how well Premiere Pro did at the Tool Farm Awards. The program is buggy. Plain and Simple. There is always something wrong with every update. That's what I am saying. That's the point. Anybody who has ever used Premiere Pro knows there is always one issue or another with the Program. Anyway, I have nothing more to say to you. Go away!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, masks don't work properly... extremely broken. The tool to select mutiple points doesn't exist anymore, or just doens't work. When I copy and past a word into an existing text using Essential Graphics, it deletes all text under it. Agree with the mad person... this program is so frustraiting. What are you all doing over there at Adobe? Update after update, the same bugs persist. Is that the CODEC too? Give me a break.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2024 Apr 23, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue you are speaking of is fixed in 24.3. Can you check it out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2024 Apr 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, it never ends. Its all just bugs and upselling additional adobe products that also crash for no discernable reason.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines