• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premier Pro 2020 still crash and bug issue

Participant ,
Mar 31, 2020 Mar 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just here to "troll" the adobe team to share my experience over the years...

Because of covid-19 i've got some free time and I have saw that there were a few update fixes since the october release of CC 2020... So I have decide to update premiere and.....

IT CRASH AT THE FIRST LAUNCH... so I know that a video more than 3 minutes will still be an pain in the *** to work with....

Might have a look resolve ...

And by the way the sync settings still not work it didn't find my workspace etc....

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you making a lot of video with Premiere ? are you using plugin an dynamic link with After effects ? how many type of footage are you using normalt for making a video ? 🙂

I french editor community I think most of people experience crash and bug in majority not the opposite...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fwiw, I've always found the sync settings feature problematic but it's not a big deal for me to rebuild my workspaces.  As far as the keyboard goes, I've figured out how to manually move the file. 

go ahead and look at resolve.  It's an incredible color correction tool but it's editing interface doesn't approach Premiere (in my opinion).  but the price is right (for the free version) and it can definitely get the job done.   I've got CC2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020 installed on my system and although I haven't done a great deal of work in 2020, it seems to be working fine for me.  As PB suggests, tell us more and maybe we can help.  

and as far as trolling adobe, be grateful that adobe employees are an overt presence here.  Back in the day, apple had no official presence on their support forums.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When i say "trolling" it's just for the joke i pay my license since cs3 or cs4, i was very exicted by CC subscription, but to the that after 3 or 4 version sync setting issue is still not solve.

For sure I can remake my workspace two time a year, i make screen shot because I've got a lot of active panel opens....

But the point of the feature is to not doing it...

I didn't remenber having so many crash with final cut 7...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As PeruBob noted, it's working fine for most of us. There are some with issues, like clearly yours. But we can't help sort out why your's isn't working if we don't know a lot more information.

We're peers here, and would love to help. Actually, to 'talk' to the developers, that's via the UserVoice system. At least one engineer will read every post there ... this forum is primarily for peer-to-peer support.

Neil  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you I have already contribute too many times in my opinion to the uservoice system...

I just still want to make our point to adobe community that we are really fed'up with all the bugs... as I alrealdy explain to the dev team, Premiere workflow is not relayble to little production or indenpendant worker...

As many of you know Phillip Bloom and many other people switch to resolve or back to final cut X, I've got two editors that i am working with that are learning resolve right now...

I am sayin all of this beacause I love adobe and not the other way, after too many warning there will be only marketing solution left in adobe software...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Video Lounge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hiding stuff and not working on your own problem won't make things better....

From a creative software perspective adobe is not the same as it used to be, you can hide behind an army of "adobe community professionnal" but you can't hide from real costumers....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Who you are talking to here are other users. You keep talking to "Adobe" ... but a peer-to-peer product support forum ain't the place to do that.

We volunteers and peers here aren't "hiding" anything. Ann moved the post to the Video Lounge because that's where general 'chat' and commentary is supposed to go, as the Premeire Pro forum is for specific help requests.

If people will not actually listen, you can shout all day long and they won't get it. So ... again.

The vast majority of the many thousands of daily users of Premiere are having no troubles at all. There's some like me that have some minor-ish annoying issues, and a smaller group that have issues that completely hammer them. That is the factual basis you have to start from.

Usage numbers per day are up significantly over the last couple years. Period. And ... look at the data from Sundance this year ... over 50% of the films submitted were cut in Premiere. That's the highest number they've ever had there, and the first time one NLE has had a simple majority of films in some time. So ... the user base is expanding.

The Premiere management team are aware of the problems some users are having, and again ... the vast majority of those issues affect a small enough subset they cannot see the problem in-house. So they need the data from those users to chase things down, and no, it won't be within a week after one posts over on the UserVoice system, which is how a user communicates to the development team.

AND ... almost more importantly ... to the upper managers who determine budgets. Those folks at Adobe live by metrics, and the UV metrics are one of their main inputs. Give them inputs.

Many of those issues that are outstanding will take some time to get nailed down and fixed. Several major bugs have recently been fixed ... but to the team's disappointment, the fix that worked for say 90% or better of users did not work for everyone. So they're still trying to run down what the heck is the issue for those users.

These programs are tools. Fancy hammers. When used by a professional, you have clients and a reputation to maintain. So of course ...use whichever tool works for you now. Get the work out to your clients!

Adobe will survive. As will Avid, BlackMagic ...

Neil 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am glad for you if you think that Premiere is leading and gain more users, I might be very unlucky to switch hardware and version and still experience bugs and crash throught many versions...

I was just sharing my happy experience for my first launch of Premiere Pro 2020, nothing last for ever and yes I will be upset to learn again an other software, I don't have the time for updating so...

We should all agree that Premiere is buggy don't we ? 🙂

(last "troll", or "black humor")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Premiere is buggy for some users. Totally true. And for most, it's working pretty good. Right now, I'm getting some of the best performance I've had in a while. I do get occasional crashes when working with the Red Giant Looks panel. Which I've posted to both Premiere and RG people.

But I'm able to work. And ... I've had spots in the past where I had to wait months using a previous version until they fixed something in their newer one that hammered my workflow. But I was able to keep working.

We've had a few people post on here with horrific issues, that just couldn't get fixed. Yea, clearly this wasn't the app for them to get any work done. Which ... once you've learned an app, got the muscle memory down ... being knocked out completely like that would be maddening.

Many of my colorist acquaintances are pushing becoming productive on at least two grading apps, out of simple self-preservation. Not a bad idea for any of us in video post.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines