Highlighted

Royalty Free Music | Background Music For Videos | Unlimited Music for Video Creators | Subscription

Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tunelist_Screen_1.png

Tunelist_Screen_2.png

- What is royalty free music?

- Doesn't royalty-free music mean I can use it for free?

'Royalty-free' music is not the same as 'free music'. Unfortunately, this is a common misconception on the internet, and especially on YouTube.

Simply put, it means that royalties don't have to be paid to the creator each and every time it's used (ie. free of royalties); but instead, a one-time fixed fee is paid, which is via a license purchase.

- Several sites that I recommend to consider for buying a music license, whether it's video, film or advertising:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more

Royalty Free Music | Background Music For Videos | Unlimited Music for Video Creators | Subscription

Jan 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tunelist_Screen_1.png

Tunelist_Screen_2.png

- What is royalty free music?

- Doesn't royalty-free music mean I can use it for free?

'Royalty-free' music is not the same as 'free music'. Unfortunately, this is a common misconception on the internet, and especially on YouTube.

Simply put, it means that royalties don't have to be paid to the creator each and every time it's used (ie. free of royalties); but instead, a one-time fixed fee is paid, which is via a license purchase.

- Several sites that I recommend to consider for buying a music license, whether it's video, film or advertising:

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
Jan 30, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a confusion between "royalty free music" and "free music", "royalty free music" means that you can buy a license one time, and you can use the music in your video without having to pay royalties every year. "Free Music" is a music you can (in some cases) use for free.

If you are looking for FREE royalty free music, you can find some music libraries in the internet that offers some tracks for free. You can also visit the Music Screen Library, the use of all the tracks is free for students, humanitarian organizations and particulars, try it here: Musicscreen.org

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 01, 2018 0
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I vote for TunePocket here. It's a relatively small catalog but well curated.

You get unlimited access and their subscription fee is like $99 per year for individuals (more for businesses).

With AudioJungle or Pond5 that will only get you 3 - 5 tracks or even less if you need extended license. With TunePocket you can have as many as you need.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Mar 29, 2018 0
Aug 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree, TunePocket is a great site !

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Aug 26, 2018 0
Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But if you need very high quality music, instrumental and vocal, then visit the new site:  https://tunelist.io

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 07, 2019 0
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, maybe I'm a little late, but watching this thread I wanted to say that there is also music with creative commons licenses which you can use the same way as stock music because it's royalty-free and without copyright. Yeah, I know usually these alternative places haven't so much variety, but what if you find what you look for? For example https://patrickdearteaga.com/royalty-free-music/

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 20, 2018 0
Engaged ,
Nov 21, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're a member of Envato elements, They're just added Music for there monthly subscription users.

Envato own AudioJungle and will probably be offering some of the licences available on AudioJungle on the elements equivalent - Like they do with graphics etc.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 21, 2018 0
New Here ,
Nov 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

in addition to that royalty-free and free music issue, you should also be aware that there is a difference between PRO free music and PRO music.

Royalty free music does not mean the music is also PRO free = it can happen that you have to pay money to performing rights organizations such as PRS/MCPS, GEMA, BMI etc.

You should really stick to libraries that are curated and where you get support when needed.

I can recommend Musicbed or SmartSound - SmartSound is even royalty free and offers adaptive music, it's a huge time saver.

Think they have a Black Friday special for their Software SOncfire Pro 6 running at the moment!

Best,

Martin

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Nov 25, 2018 0